Black People : How do you measure intelligence?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Metaverse, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Today you are the 2nd Noah.

Our Creator has provided you with instructions to build a vessel that will transport your chosen group of the most intelligent people out of a dangerous situation and into a new world. The world as we know it, will be gone- and you and your chosen group will have to rebuild society.

Just for discussion sake, please explain who would you choose and why? This discussion might help us understand a realistic measure of intelligence, and what types of people we truly value in our communities.

For my ship, I would choose Brothas and Sistahs who are in very loving, devoted and committed relationships. I would choose those of that group who have the most children, and those who have no children. The Brothas I choose would all have a skill related to natural engineering; farming, building etc., - strong Warrior types, strong analytical thinkers and those grounded in African spiritual traditions or their own spirituality conductive with the Earth’s harmony. The Sistahs I will chose will be strong Warriors and Mothers to the Earth, scientific thinkers, healers with knowledge of herbs or natural medicines. All the Sistahs would be grounded spiritually within their own intuition.

I would choose this group because in my opinion very intelligent Black people always gravitate towards a higher duty or service and cultivate themselves in such a way on purpose so that their intelligence can be used. Those who I have described here are people that have impacted my life in that way. These are people I cannot live without, and I cannot see building a new society without them.

For me, one of the first signs of intelligence, is ones ability to recognize intelligence in others.

How do you measure intelligence? Who is on your list? Who gets to ride in your Ship into a new era?

- Hotep Fam!

2. kemetkind

kemetkind Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61

Incredible thread MetaScience...very novel and thought-provoking.

For my ship, I wouldn't choose everyone myself.

I would choose a handful of wise brothers and sisters, each possessing a different quality/aspect I thought important, and ask them to in turn choose the two best people/families they knew, and for those people to in turn choose the two best they knew...and so on.

I would strive in my initial selection to include brothers and sisters of different backgrounds, ideological persuasions, professions, personality characteristics, warriors, thinkers builders, nurturers...you name it...just as long as I knew without question they had the best interest of black people as a primary concern and thus associated with those of like mind and character.

3. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    On my ship I would choose the most wise and compassionate.
    People who have no problem admitting when they are wrong. People with strong family orientation and respect for individual thought. People who consider themselves protectors and nurturers, teachers and students, and most important of all, people who desire peace, harmony, and balance.

4. Riada

Riada Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +18
    Intelligence to me means knowing how to survive and thrive in a wide variety of situations if the person chooses to do so. Therefore, I would choose people who are creative, resilient, analytical, resourceful, people who could easily change themselves to adapt to any situation and those who have drive and emotional stamina.

5. Slowly

Slowly Well-Known Member MEMBER

electronic technician
    Ratings:
    +8
    I'm too preudiced in my thinking to choose who's right. Just hoping I'm on the boat!

6. darkreign

darkreign Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    measuring intelligence imo is problematic b\c there are different types of abilities that exists in people such as verbal, mathematical, concept-forming, and reasoning(to name a few). but if i had to pick, i would pick the best people from each of these fields.

i would have some system to weed out the ones that have egos and that have no desire to work for the common good of all. along with my thinkers i would have people that will be dedicated to making their visions come to life like laborers and builders; but they also must be about doing what is good for the whole and not just the one.

i would also have historians that have a deep knowledge of our culture and languages. i also would have teachers of the supreme alphabet among my group. i think this approach will enable me to put my best foot forward.

7. roarin1

roarin1 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +28
    Excellent thread.

Purpose.

Since necessity is the 'mother' of invention and OUR
    People right now are in dire need of necessities such
    as compliance to reality through thought provoking
    actions and adherence to purpose, nothing less
    will suffice.

.....'Only the determined need apply.'

On MY 'ship,' only those whom know by their intelligence
    that they have a need to listen to the voice of their 'God'
    could benefit in a 'new world.'

Anything less, is not humble---just chaff.

ROARIN......

8. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
    you have

smart people

and then you have intelligent people

smart people think they know everything and are good at repeating other peoples stuff and their beliefs are based on arrogance

intelligent people know there's always something new to learn
    and can understand things from a humanistic standpoint if you may
    and don't think only about themselves but about US the world the state of being

so i don't have names but being so spiritual we would gravitate towards each other just based on the source energy (your soul?)

i've been asked this question alot

i think intelligence is innate
    where as smartness is manufactured

9. Edward Williams

Edward Williams Well-Known Member MEMBER

Produce Justice
    Ratings:
    +58
    How do you measure intelligence? That depends on what the meaning of the word "intelligence" is.

Define "intelligence".

10. robboy2003

robboy2003 Well-Known Member MEMBER

To bring strength and a calming influence,and to s
    Ratings:
    +5
    Beautiful brother!:playball:

I would add three things 3 a sharing person,or someone who tries to know himself,but gets joy from being around and helping others.

2 A lover of life experiences,and i think that one is self explanatory.

1 A original one who has no prearranged agenda,and when it comes to the collective,they are always for the best in all situations,and the irony is they are always same same,or never on today off tomorrow. They are true to themselves and with nature.

Peace!