Black People : How come people have such a hard time admitting when they are wrong?

When one has done multiple wrongs to another, wrongs that a simple 'my bad' is not enough, and especially if to someone who has done them no harm, it's very difficult to admit they were wrong.... because to admit they were wrong is to admit they are not a good person. That is a delusion that most people cannot admit to themselves, i.e., that they are not a good person.... as well as to become the good person they want to be, they either have to humble themselves (usually) or there is penance required.

this is all true...and when a person can do this...that's when they are truly an adult.

Its a big thought this thread...it can be applied to many things many ways..At work when solving mechanical puzzles so to speak..their has been times I thought I had the best way to handle something only to be bested by another worker...And I have done the same to others as well. Usually when both ways are compared..one will be a better way...sometimes it will not be clear until the task is over.

Either way...I work in teams often...If someone has a better idea then me...I will give them the credit.
Sometimes I get the credit...Sometimes you get a bull headed guy who just can't admit his idea wasn't the best...its childish.

As it relates to destee...the conversations are so vast that there will be no winner...in things mechanical...answers are more absolute.....most of the time.

Precisely, 'wrong' is itself a notion which, in the realm of theories, is difficult to grasp.

I recall a time when I was an avid anti-capitalist pro-communist. At that time I engaged with avid anti-communist pro-capitalists and it bewildered me why they would not admit to being wrong and vise versa. Today I could readily admit a different perspective than before; yet naturally at the time I was confident in the viewpoint.

It goes without saying, at the crux of the issue is man must convince himself. And one would not admit one is wrong without first knowing himself to be wrong.

A separate issue however is saving face. As it applies to a forum, one may be adamant if one's friends hold a position--at least for the show. Of course that depends on what you want from the forum experience!

I'm always right. When I'm wrong I'm right. So to say that I'm wrong when I am wrong is me being right. lol

Houserunner, you didn't have to hide from me, I forgot about that 20 bucks you owed me...:lol:

Hey brutha...nice to see you are still here...:toast:

Peace!!!

We all have our personal issues that can find their origins in our childhood. All of us was born into a social environment which has rules, boundaries, code of behaviors, that limits our individual need to express ourselves, as children we have an innate drive to explore. But to keep us out of trouble as children we are told, no. Naturally each of us have an unique character that attracts and repels us and tests the boundaries of our social structure and often, denied. Being told no and usually for our own good creates our own set of unique emotional imbalances.

Growing up how often you was told, No! Don't touch that! Stop that! Be quiet! You can't go!
Denied impulses build up within us and creates imbalances within us.

People in the act of expressing themselves can have a hard time admitting they are wrong because of being repeatedly denied while growing up and along the way. Being told you are wrong draws a natural reaction to not admit that you are wrong. In essence you are servicing an emotional imbalance.

Often kids who are denied in areas in which they have a passion, go for it when they have enough freedom to do so. Kids who wanted pets but denied to have them while growing up my have several pets as adults.

People who were denied attention and affection while growing up, do things as adults to attract attention good or bad as long they are the center of it.

Kids growing up in strict households may fly off in almost any direction as adults because being denied too strongly as children.

The inability to admit we are wrong is a reaction to an emotional imbalanced within the deepest levels of our being.

Difficulty admitting we are wrong is human nature but being denied is necessary to exist in any social structure because there is no social structure that does not have boundaries.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back