Black People : How come people have such a hard time admitting when they are wrong?

I have spent a lot of time working on something only to get proved wrong in seconds by another, sometimes with little effort on their part.... Should I hold onto what I worked for...or should I gain greater prespective?

It depends on your confidence in self or the other person. If the person is your instructor for which you are confident he or she is qualified, then you can seek to gain from the interaction; however, oftentimes you interact with those for which you will not be as confident in them and what's "wrong" isn't so clear to you.

There is room for improvement with me on this...but I will do it.. I agree about the feeling of liberation. Nobody likes to be wrong but when I admit I am...I feel like a more well rounded person. I feel I am acting like people should...

There is some people who it would seem would chew off their own arm then just say they were wrong. I my opinion is unhealthy for one's mental state.

There is some people who it would seem would chew off their own arm then just say they were wrong.
This made me think of my stubbornness I exhibited in the past. I was told, I should not bite off my nose to spite my face.
I just looked that up. To spite is to humiliate or annoy. The individual who wanted me to cooperate was always saying and doing things to annoy or humiliate.

Spite- an idiom_cut one's nose off to spite one's face. Prov. to hurt yourself in an attempt to hurt someone else. (Often in the form, "Don't cut off your nose to spite your face.")

I had no idea until now it wasn't in context or is out of context within that statement. any how.. hopefully this isn't off topic...WWM. I do wish to apologize for giving you a hard time. That isn't me, and if it was out of spite. I sincerely apologize.

Last edited:
It depends on your confidence in self or the other person. If the person is your instructor for which you are confident he or she is qualified, then you can seek to gain from the interaction; however, oftentimes you interact with those for which you will not be as confident in them and what's "wrong" isn't so clear to you.

Its a big thought this thread...it can be applied to many things many ways..At work when solving mechanical puzzles so to speak..their has been times I thought I had the best way to handle something only to be bested by another worker...And I have done the same to others as well. Usually when both ways are compared..one will be a better way...sometimes it will not be clear until the task is over.

Either way...I work in teams often...If someone has a better idea then me...I will give them the credit.
Sometimes I get the credit...Sometimes you get a bull headed guy who just can't admit his idea wasn't the best...its childish.

As it relates to destee...the conversations are so vast that there will be no winner...in things mechanical...answers are more absolute.....most of the time.

When one has done multiple wrongs to another, wrongs that a simple 'my bad' is not enough, and especially if to someone who has done them no harm, it's very difficult to admit they were wrong.... because to admit they were wrong is to admit they are not a good person. That is something that most people cannot admit to themselves, i.e., that their bad acting proves they are not a good person.... as well as to become the good person they want to be, they either have to humble themselves (usually) or penance is required.

Last edited:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back