Black People : How are You Passing on and/or Preserving Your knowledge?

KEMAKIL

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 5, 2010
Chicago, IL
Occupation
Electronic/Telecom Engineer
One of the weaknesses of being human is the shortness of our lifespan. Or maybe it's the system we live under that robs us of time we should spending with family. It takes so long to learn the ways of the world and to become conscious. Then we have to unlearn what the system has taught us. We have to work long hours. Spend maybe 5 hours growing a family and working on your marriage. Before you know it your children are off to college or starting the families, relearning the same lessons, hopefully not making the same mistakes. Very inefficient. Did you know that aboriginal people spent about 3 hours providing for their sustenance needs. That means they had almost 13 hours devoted to family and community. Many of us (before this depression) worked that and more a day. Is it any wonder families and communities are suffering?

But my point is, how are you passing knowledge to you children? I have my library and DVDs that will give my descendants an indication of what I was reading/viewing, but not how it relates to the world I lived in and how I believe it will affect theirs. I think we should leave video records of our beliefs, and about who we are. Our children could watch them for encouragement and use them with their children.

So Family, how are you passing on your knowledge?

One of the weaknesses of being human is the shortness of our lifespan. Or maybe it's the system we live under that robs us of time we should spending with family. It takes so long to learn the ways of the world and to become conscious. Then we have to unlearn what the system has taught us. We have to work long hours. Spend maybe 5 hours growing a family and working on your marriage. Before you know it your children are off to college or starting the families, relearning the same lessons, hopefully not making the same mistakes. Very inefficient. Did you know that aboriginal people spent about 3 hours providing for their sustenance needs. That means they had almost 13 hours devoted to family and community. Many of us (before this depression) worked that and more a day. Is it any wonder families and communities are suffering?

But my point is, how are you passing knowledge to you children? I have my library and DVDs that will give my descendants an indication of what I was reading/viewing, but not how it relates to the world I lived in and how I believe it will affect theirs. I think we should leave video records of our beliefs, and about who we are. Our children could watch them for encouragement and use them with their children.

Good morning, poster...

And perhaps others will pass along information etc. about how their churches and community centers etc. continue to enlighten their younger generations to things they either found out on their own and/or family members passed down things about ourstories as well...

:fyi:

Through our family culture. It s all right there .. And also
Through my writing.. My art.. My music.. Through my love
For them and their mother. The goal for me is for the lessons
to be internalized..as opposed to just being stated.

:geek:

While he was growing up, I passed down a set of stories, griot style, over and over. When he got bored, I beat him mercilessly untill he could recite them verbatum.

:whip:

:court:

:em2300:

:SuN049:

Through*our family culture. *It s all right there .. And also
Through my writing.. My art.. My music.. Through my love
For them and their mother. The goal for me is for the lessons
to be internalized..as opposed to just being stated.

Thank you Brother,

You have a gift and are blessed. Your children and descendants will know the man that you are/were and will benefit greatly.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back