Black People : Is the Bush Administration using the passing of Rosa Parks as a policial opportunity?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by panafrica, Nov 1, 2005.

1. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    With our sister Rosa Parks laying in honor in the Rotunda, Washington D.C. (the 1st woman to be honored in this fashion), and with flags scheduled to be flown half-staff on her burial Wednesday.....I'm pleased to see our warrior ancestor get the recognition she deserves. Sister Parks has received honor from thousands of visitors (mostly black), while in Washington & Alabama. Most of these are ordinary people, who recognized how her actions opened doors for them. She has also been honored by celebrities like Oprah Windrey; and Aretha Franklin; to Politicians like Donald Rumsfield; Condoleezza Rice, who was quoted as saying, "without Mrs. Parks, I probably would not be standing here today as secretary of state"; and of course the president: George W. Bush. Although there is no doubt that many of the people honoring sister Parks are doing so honestly. The sceptic in me can't help but wonder if the likes of George Bush, Donald Rumsfield, and Condoleezza Rica are using this unfortunate event as a political opportunity? The Bush administration has a horrible track record dealing with the African American community, this record has further diminished after their handling of Katrina. I am further doubtful that an administration which seems to have such contempt for Civil Rights Laws, can truly appreciate the role of Rosa Parks. Am I alone in this opinion or does the rest of the family agree with me?

2. watzinaname

watzinaname Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +122

No, you are not alone Pan. I certainly believe that Rosa Parks was deserving of this honor. But I couldn't help but wonder, so now are Black people supposed to think that all is right in our world, because the Bush administration decided to honor the sister in this way? I think not... A more meaningful way to honor her memory, would be to start governing this country in a manner that respects her people as actual American citizens. Not as descendents of slaves who are merely pests that need to be placated when they occasionally get tired of being treated as such, and rise up in unity enough to cause major problems to the powers that be....

3. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    Condelezza Rice was out buying clothes and shoes while blacks were dying out in New Orleans. And other than that statement she has done nothing to show that she even cares what is going on with the black community. So I personally think it's a bunch of bull along with along with anything Bush says.

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    my memory is bad...........

but didn't Parks vote republican?
    and doesn't she bear a striking resemblance to C Rice?
    or is it just me?

5. Nisa

Nisa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    You should just :killpc:

6. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    why ask the question? you know that that is how they do. why not spend time working on figuring out how to have a repository of knowledge that includes all the tasks necessary to rebuild a civilisation after the lights go out on this one? ah, but flogging dead issues is much easier, isn't it?

"the house is on fire! the house is on fire!" "then get out the house and let the mothersucker burn!! it's time to build a new one!"

7. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064

I would have to agree. Rosa Park's funeral was a perfect opportunity to serve as a distraction from the recent political turmoil suffered by the Bush administration

8. dexxtreme

dexxtreme Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    There is no event so tragic that it cannot be used as a political opportunity. That includes hurricanes, floods, fire, war, famine, disease, death, etc. There will always be politicians that can twist a tragedy around to match up with their political agenda.

9. Moorfius

Moorfius Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +28
    A tradition of exploiting every Situation in Life and Death*

Hotep

Sister Mother Rosa Parks has "Passed" on to the realm of the Ancestors. Sister Mother Rosa Parks is among our Ancient so-called African Ancestors today, as she leaves us behind we are still being hoodwinked by this oppressive racist government who just a few days before, let thousands of our so-called Black African people in New Orleans die from neglect as they were left to fend for them self on top of homes and clinging onto trees as the cameras and planes watched and flew overhead and did nothing. We also witness our people "Stuffed" into the Collicium like "Slaves" packed into the hulls of Slave Ships. Then if that is not enouth the "Levee" was blown leaving a 30+foot crater with witnesses hearing the "Blast" and locating the "Burn" area from the blast for so-called News Cameras who did not report about it, as The Bush wacker sent in "Troops" with orders to shoot to kill the so-called Black Youth who were in reality, were defending them self from the KKK who were shooting them Dead in the Streets while Bush (The Grand Dragon) looked the other way. How soon some of us forget as today all of a sudden they love Rosa Parks soo much that they had her body lay in state in the Capital Building. If they are even the slightest minute particle amount sincere, they would reinstate the voting rights amendment (Perminatly) that is to expire November 2007, and change all of the oppressive Laws they draft exclusivly to Keep (Africans) Us Down, Sick and Poor. They are as sincere as they were when they told us Sadam had wepons of mass distruction before sending more than 2000 U.S. (Troops) youth to their Deaths for absolutely "Nothing". Next they will have some beach front property on the Moon for sale and that is surely going to atract lots of people to stand in line for that as well.

Ase`

http://www.the7thfire.com/new_world_order/skull_and_bones_and_the_new_world_order.htm

http://www.planetdan.net/pics/misc/georgie.htm :pc:

10. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    No your not alone here , i too wonder why they try to use our
    dear sista Rosa Parks for gain in a policial rundown administration
    i don't believe none of them or in them , it will not change how they
    see us , treat us and deem us day to day .