Black People : Hip Hop: A blessing or a curse?

rasembi aunk said:
The individuals who criticize hip hop for being negative are mentally flatlined. All anyone who has an ounce of brain would have to do is research a little bit and see that there is just as many positive artists as there as there are gangster acts. These dummies just don't see that there has been a conspiracy to showcase the negative aspects of hip hop over the positive in order to pollute the minds and spirits of the youth, yet at the same time making black youth "be perceived" to be worse than they are.

i am one who criticizes hip hop. i do not consider myself a dummy. as a matter of fact, i was once a member of mensa.
so i put the question to you. is it possible for me to have a different point of view without being called all out of my name?

Bootzey said:
As always, you have to consider the folks complaining..
i am one of those folk. do you want to consider me?

Do you think Hip Hop can be a potentially mobilizing force for future generations?

Of course. I am in the same age range as Bambatta, Flash, Herc and Russell Simmons. So, my perspective is that it already has been a 'mobilizing force'. But has it lead to revolutionary ORGANIZATION?

No.

Take the so-called 'philanthropists'. Now, please dont accuse me a 'hating' for pointing this out but, what they have 'mobilized' is a younger generation obsessed with MOGULING (In JayHova's own words).

Take 'Rush'. Russell is pushing his own credit cards. This is great for a few elite Black entrepreneurs but what is it solving for the masses hanging out on skid row or the MARTA stations?

Hip hop has confused its own logic in reference to the 5th Element. Is it Knowledge or fashion?

Im sure there are folks such as Project Blowed in LA or Immortal Technique on the East and the POCC and Poetree in Chicago who are true to pro-active RAPTAVISM. But this is few and far between.

very much so......

Knowledge Seed said:
Do you think Hip Hop can be a potentially mobilizing force for future generations?

i have been waiting for the thugged out brothers to stand up and take back their art for the benefit of the community.
hip hop is like a gun. you can use it to protect your family or you can use it to rob the corner grocery.
it's really more about you then the tool.

Of course. I am in the same age range as Bambatta, Flash, Herc and Russell Simmons. So, my perspective is that it already has been a 'mobilizing force'. But has it lead to revolutionary ORGANIZATION?

No.

Take the so-called 'philanthropists'. Now, please dont accuse me a 'hating' for pointing this out but, what they have 'mobilized' is a younger generation obsessed with MOGULING (In JayHova's own words).

Take 'Rush'. Russell is pushing his own credit cards. This is great for a few elite Black entrepreneurs but what is it solving for the masses hanging out on skid row or the MARTA stations?

Hip hop has confused its own logic in reference to the 5th Element. Is it Knowledge or fashion?

Im sure there are folks such as Project Blowed in LA or Immortal Technique on the East and the POCC and Poetree in Chicago who are true to pro-active RAPTAVISM. But this is few and far between.
I don't think the "true" hiphopas are few and far in between, they just don't get recognized. How would you say Hip Hop has changed from its beginning up to this point?

i have been waiting for the thugged out brothers to stand up and take back their art for the benefit of the community.
hip hop is like a gun. you can use it to protect your family or you can use it to rob the corner grocery.
it's really more about you then the tool.
At what point do you think Hip Hop began going in the wrong direction?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back