Black People : Here i go Family ... venting again

krazelyricks said:
I have been a very active member in this community for a while and I really love what we as a family do here but I am a student and I can't afford to do this every month. Sure, it's not a lot for adults.....NO. But seeing that I'm a student and I'm still in the house with my mother I don't see a way where I can pay. I can only live off the money my mother is willing to give me and the money I sneek from my boyfriends. I don't have any money of my own. I'm not trying to put any excuses out there. I know my situation. I know what I'm able to do or not do. If the doors of this community was shut out the none paying members today then I would just have to leave. I would be sad sure enough but I know that I didn't pay so I would just leave. When I came here I knew this wasn't going to last forever. I knew that I wasn't going to have you guys forever. It was just something to express myself through. I thought nothing of it but over the time that I've been here I have learned to love you all. But if I lost you guys today then so be it. I have lost so much in my life (friends, lovers, parents, teachers, trappers), that I have learned not to cry. I just keep on keeping on. Destee, I love you. I mean, you are like a mother to me. I look up to you but you understand my situation. You knew what I was going through since day one. You knew I was a ghetto hoodrat. I never hid that. Then you also know then that I don't accept handouts. I like to be independent. Thus, I didn't except the handouts that so many of the members here offered. I want to accept my own fate. I choose it so if you do decided to shut us out know that I never tried to plea for you not to because I knew you had to do what you had to do, and I had to do what I had to do.

Thanks community for all that we shared and fought over. My love goes out to you all because it seems like soon I won't be able to spend anymore time with ya'll.
i am very understanding of people who simply do not have any money.
i think we all are.
you are welcome here.
i get the feeling that if you could help, you would. :grouphug:

i question those who do have money and chose to spend it on other stuff while failing to support the site.

BTW - i grew up poor and i accepted plenty of handouts on my way up.
if someone extends a helping hand i think you should take it.
then, when you get on your feet you can give back to the ones behind you.
that is a good thing.

BTW - i grew up poor and i excepted plenty of handouts on my way up. if someone extends a helping hand i think you should take it.
then, when you get on your feet you can give back to the ones behind you.
that is a good thing.

This is very sound advice, there is nothing wrong with needing help. And if you can't repay those who helped you out right (you can't locate them, they aren't alive, etc)....pay them back by helping those who are in same situation you were in!

If someone is here often, feels like part of the family and it will not take food out their mouth, it makes sense to pay. Other communities dont cost money, but if the person likes THIS site then THIS site should be evaluated for what it means to the person...not next to other sites. If a person really loves it here and can afford it, they should not be forced or pressured...but I would think they would want to show at least a little support. I dont think those who dont pay should be shut out though...people may go thru periods where they cant, or dont want to pay for valid reasons. Anyways, that is my take.

daroc said:
i may not be green right now... but i will be soon... i just want to second wat queen been saying....
its like my poem- p.u.s.h.
we complain so much about stuff: disunity, gov't, poverty, jobs
but its starts in the community
and if we cant support community affairs then no wonder we r still struggling
DAROC, on point... It is a simple matter of business, and us supporting our own... If we cannot do that without complaints and EXCUSES, then it is no wonder why our communities are suffering as they are...

Brother Kente, I have heard EXCUSES like the ones you brought up, and they may well be legitimate, and I wont argue that with you... But HOW LONG they gonna be legitimate- like until the board closes down??? Excuses, like lies, can't live forever... We all understand what it's like to be down, and I understand that there are brothers and sisters whom we've got to stand it for, but those who can must do, and stop making excuses for ourselves and others... BTW, some folk NEED to be told these things a zillion times before they catch on, know what I'm saying???(smile!)

Peace!
Isaiah

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back