Black People : Have you ever been warned not to bring a white woman home?

Your grandma said what? lol Your granny is too cool

The women in my family never warned blk men about ww...they were "good Christian women" they wouldn't dare.lol

peace

My grandmother and mother were christians too, but in the house they were straight gangsta with it when it came to white people...I was at her house waiting to see my cousin when he came home that day, but he didn't tell my grandmother he was bringing home a white girl. He said "he had company coming to stay with him", so my grandmother just knew it had to be a black woman. I can still see that look on her face when that white girl walked thru the door. She was in her recliner across the room and i was on the couch. The door opened and my grandmother lit up because she knew it was him and she hadn't seen him in months, but when he entered the living room (there was a wall from the kitchen, so when you walk in, you have to walk all the way into the living room before you can be seen) and turned to introduce her i looked straight at my grandmother and her face just dropped............:eeek: I wanted to laugh so badly, but that look scared me to death and i didn't want to get whipped with those oversized wooden forks and spoon hanging on the wall in the kitchen......lol

I never could figure out what those were for because she never used them! Does anybody know?

My grandmother used to clean white people's houses since before i was born and when i say she couldn't stand them, my words don't even do her attitude towards them justice. Like me, she just couldn't hide it when i was growing up and i guess after a while she didn't even try. So here i am.........

I started to think about this yesterday in class in the chat room how many of us brothers have been warned about bringing home a white woman. Me, myself have never and would never bring one homemore than likely due to the warnings i received from moms and grandmoms. I saw up close and personal how grandma treated a white girlfriend of my older cousin when he came home from college. In his defense, he went to a school in vermont on a basketball scholarship and was roomates with the late DJ Scott La Rock. That's all they were surrounded by was white girls, his only mistake was bringing her to grandma's house.....lol

I posted 2 of grandma's sayings/warnings in chat yesterday that i heard up until the day i went off to college and they were:

"If she don't get ashey, don't bring that b-itch past me"

"If she don't use cocoa butter, don't introduce her to your mother"

(she's probably the reason i love rhyming so much)

Can you remember some of the warnings you received?
I never heard anything like that in my life, my parents and elders,
knew we weren't stupid.

We got more books in the 60s then warnings

Coño I'm glad I live here, where a family can include from white to dark. A Dominican family can run through the color spectrum for white to shinny black. As long as they are not Haitian, its all good.

Well, most on this site were not raised in D.R. and i really wouldn't expect anyone NOT raised in North america to really understand what it means when a black woman warns her children about bringing a white person home, Particularly the white woman!

So some of us here were told not to bring a white person home and it seems you were told not to bring home any hatians which sounds like the same thing to me!!

I was seeing this black girl for a while when I was young, her name was Gretchen and she had a British accent, I remember when she called home for the first time, my Father answered and called to me "oh Etu, there's a Grr etcheen (bad Dutch accent) on the phone for you" . . . blew his mind when she showed for Thanksgiving dinner later!

Of course you were, but nice story... :confused: too bad it has nothing to do with this thread!

Next!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back