Black People : Has Black Culture Become A Fantasy Trip?

I don't pretend to be the be all and end all to this thread, but there was and is a key to what it used to reflect, i. e., individual and collective resistance, be it during the eras or slavery and segregation, aka reflected via more recent eras via the Urban Rebellions and/or groups like the Oakland (CA) Panthers, whereas the our once (over)hyped 'I too am an American'/Civil Rights agendas also has to be contrasted with any number of reality checks/wake up calls, e. g., since if you aren't as educated/affluent/etc. as some whites, what is natural and normally associated with white imagery etc. is oftentimes challenged or disputed, when it comes to me and mine/you or yours....

Neither one advocates a passive mimicking of the white preppies or regressing to the level of some homeboys from some so called 'hood:

There got to be something better than both!

FYI
You've said it nicely in your post. Who is black, or what is black is something that you can't quantify because all of our "black" experiences is not the same. This is why I get ticked when for say Obama ain't black. And they go on to justify their comment by using examples like "he did grow up in the hood", or his schooling, etc. Like that having a bad life is the criteria for being black.

I was just that ignorant long ago when I thought that to be black you had to eat beans, cornbread, pig feet,etc..yeah...very ignorant on my part.:toast:

Peace!

You've said it nicely in your post. Who is black, or what is black is something that you can't quantify because all of our "black" experiences is not the same. This is why I get ticked when for say Obama ain't black. And they go on to justify their comment by using examples like "he did grow up in the hood", or his schooling, etc. Like that having a bad life is the criteria for being black.

I was just that ignorant long ago when I thought that to be black you had to eat beans, cornbread, pig feet,etc..yeah...very ignorant on my part.

Peace!

I must admit that either:

There was a malfunction, so you couldn't comment...

You chose to contrast the other poster's comments with my own...

Or you didn't understand the intent or purpose of my thread at all!

Yes, indeed, I had and have my own takes, but I need and want to hear others, then at least I will have a better idea, as regards how far we're regressed/retreated/etc. from it...

FYI

Not making him an expert... the quote itself is accurate regardless of the messenger

At best, Cosby was/is/etc. was just backing up emotional rants with dated viewpoints...

So why did and do the likes of Jesse Jackson etc. look to him to be a spokesperson the rest of us could and would relate to?

SMH

As for me: I'm not seeking out new gurus, expecting our relations to be mere groupies...

FYI

I don't trust the source, so I regret his claims, etc.

Not the point... is the statement which he made accurate. You are going into the supposed credibility of the source but not the simple truth of the statement made itself.

In other words... the words on the picture is what should be paid attention to...

Please save your reasonings for or not to hero worship another... for I don't... simply agree or disagree with statements made.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back