Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Going Natural?

Ro-Unique said:
I have been wearing my hair in it's natural texture for about 3 years now. Even though I can agree with enjoying the versitility, at times I find it somewhat of a pain to style (much like relaxed hair) because I enjoy changing my style often. But with my busy lifestyle, I am looking into trying something more permanent... locs. I've been wearing braids primarily, especially in the early stages to help grow my hair out (I initially cut my relaxer out after about 2 inches of new growth). Can anyone share any information about where / how I might learn how to manufacture locs?

Hello again -if you check out the links in my previous post, you might find them very helpful! The forum is wonderful at giving honest and non-judgemental opinions about all sorts of things, and if you add your question to the loc section, the people always give great answers!

I personally started with braiding my own hair and leaving it to loc- but I have to mention that locs do need a lot of care, especially before the mature stages- which can take up to and beyond 2 years. There are different styles of locs -but unless you're going for the organic and freeform styles, you will need to take time to care for your locs well.

See this site for complete info on locing:
http://www.naani.com/the_bible_of_lock_care.htm

I'm totally :luvv: with my locs! After they matured, it has been SO easy to style so the journey has been worth it and I learnt so much about my Self and the concepts of accepting my nappy beauty.

I feel that it is a stage that should start only when the individual is completely ready for it... knowing that locing is not an experience that happens overnight and prepared to go through the initial stages- which have been very testing for me and others.

Again, the forum offers great advice-so do some research there too.

Goodluck!

definitely...

locking ur hair is a wonderful choice..n i encourage a lot of people to do so. try to find a natural stylist in your area and talk to him/her about what would be that next step to take ..based on ur hair texture,length,etc. you will love it trust me!!! you will cee people react to u differently..or tell u that ur making a bad decision..if u believe in ur heart that locking your hair is what u want to do..go for it! they are an extension of u and you will get many positive comments in them..when i look back on everything that went on in my life as i was locking my hair ,its kinda like your locks tell a story..u can think about different things that happened when u first started, how u felt, how people reacted..throughout all of the stages of growth, its beautiful!..i hope everything turns out well for u...oh..and in the first stages..u might get discouraged..because ur in the in between stages, kinda locked but kinda not..dont give up. :nono: ...itll be worth it! P.e.a.c.e.

That is so true! Locs have a way of reflecting our inner-journey ...I found each stage to reflect my maturaity in my personal journey to my inner-freedom.
And there are always people out there who will be negative towards our decisions -but if the time is truly right, its a wonderful step to take!

For the natural ladies out there, you might enjoy this link:
http://www.nappy-love.8k.com

ENJOY!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back