Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : So when is this wig fad going to end?

Black Squared

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 28, 2010
Some of us brothers can't stand it. If I wanted straight hair on a women I'd go to one who was born with it. You don't see white and non black women wearing afro wigs unless it's Halloween or for a joke. It looks OBVIOUSLY fake and when I see a black woman with it now I turn away. All points are revoked upon notice of the weave/wig.

Black women you are beautiful AS YOU ARE, ignore what the ignorant people of the world say. You are more than your hair but when it's a straight wig/weave it speaks to more than just a hair style, it says something about your subconscious about how you view yourself. View yourself as beautiful the way you were born. Come back to us, sisters. We miss you.

well I appreciate your thoughts but since I am a lace wig wearer doesnt make me less a woman. You got ladies in the industry for as long as I remembered didn't wear there hair it was always a wig. There is nothing wrong with a woman wearing extensions are a wig. Sisters are not losing themselves because society says to do this. I do it because I like the many hairstyles I can achieve, and giving my real hair a break from chemicals, and so on. Ya know men want this and want that how would you like it if we start making a requirement that a black men make money like big top business men like Trump or Bill Gates or a man who is self asorbed P. Diddy. You barely can find a man that makes over 10,000 a year. I love a man for who they are, and not about if you don't have money or the body. I hope I didn't offend you, but this is my 2 cents! :10500::court:

There are a plythora of reasons why black women adorn wigs and weaves. The first a foremost being it's ingrained in them to do so from a very young age, and the origins can be traced back to the whole straitening iron and permining phenom. Not sure why this ever came about but it did and wigs are merely and evolution or extention of that. The other reason is becuase black men support women who wear their hair in this manner in overwhelming numbers. I gave an example of what I have had to deal with being referred to as nappy headed and having my Afro puff tugged on by black men. What I should add is this accosting of my personal choice in hair styles was conducted in the presence of whites. Heh...it was almost as if they were trying to let the white folks know

"Hey, we don't approve of her nappy hair either..."

But I digress.l Either way it will be here for a long time to come as long as black women feel as if strait hair is what makes them beautiful, and black men reenforce this pattern of thinking by demeaning, and or outright ignoring sisters with the nappy hair in favor for the sisters with the lace front weave. So perhaps your question should not be directed towards women but rather the men in this respect. And don't tell me that men have little to do with this because most women, yes, including black women, adhere to what they think will make them more desireabl to men. Just saying.

This fad will end when black women grow long straight hair out of their heads. They are mimicking what they really want.

Have you ever had a perm?

:heart:

Destee