Black Sports : Floyd Mayweather walking on air training prepares for Maidana

Discussion in 'Black Sports' started by shaka64, Apr 2, 2014.

1. shaka64

shaka64 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Photographer
    Ratings:
    +956

This is much harder than it looks.

2. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    Floyd deserves big respect for his conditioning, that dude goes hard!!!

3. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    He might as well be training to be a track runner, the way he runs around the ring, instead of fights.

4. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    We ran into Floyd this weekend at a store in Caesar's Palace. He was in the store shopping. The doors weren't closed so my wife walked in and bumped into him because he was in her way. She didn't recognize it was Floyd. After we entered they closed the doors. People gathered outside the store taking pictures but we were actually inside the store with him and his Money Team. They allowed us to stay and shop.

I knew he was a small dude but he is much smaller close up than I thought. My wife been wanting to meet him to ask for his endorsement on a charter school she is trying to start. We know people who know him but this Sunday's chance meeting was rather awkward.

5. Charles IKS

Charles IKS Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +154
    What is it with guys like you? And I thought that it was only hispanics and whites that complained about him "running" around the ring. Boxing, the sweet science, is all about hitting WITHOUT getting hit. It's a good idea if you want to preserve your health...don't cha think? The reason why whites and hispanics want him to go toe to toe is because they know that he'll have a better chance of getting knocked out because they don't like him. What is your reason? By the way, have you listened to his father and uncle speak lately? That should be motivation enough to fight the way he does.

6. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    I agree about Floyd's strategy. He is able to neutralize his opponent's offense with impeccable defensive command. Floyd has an uncanny ability to make his opponent miss and most usually log a lower landing percentage when they fight Floyd than they are accustomed to. That is nothing but sheer genius.

7. Charles IKS

Charles IKS Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +154
    There are few things that I can't stand more than narrow-minded, pea-brained, non-thinking sports "fans" who never consider things from the competitor's POV. Everyone does not have the temperment of a slug fest brawler and everybody is wired differently and trains and develops skill sets to match how they naturally think, FOR THE MOST PART.