Chief Elder Osiris : Farrakhan to expand Nation of Islam Membership

In the Spirit of Sankofa!

peace,

Certainly, we are aware that this is a "touchy" subject especially to those who still follow Farrakhan.

If we are not "fan's" of Brother Farrakhan then maybe we shouldn't weigh in on this particular topic until supporters of Farrakhan weigh in and maybe add some "light" to the transformation that is supposedly about to take place. This is my first time hearing about it actually going to take place since the mid 90"s so i would love to see the article or a link to the speech so i can "feel it" and respond to it with the correct "eye".

I myself love this brother and learned much as a member of the N.O.I. temple #7 in the mid 90's... I left as brother RAAAAA stated in his post that "religion, is religion, is religion" - what i saw taking place in the mosque i tried to pretend not to see until i could not take it any more. The last straw for me was when one of my closest brothers and assistant minister of the temple was holding a contest in the mosque to raise money pitting the women against the men and raised a few thousand $'s in a few minutes. Literally, making people feel guilty if someone else gave more than the person sitting next to them. I walked out and never turned around!

Even back then there was mention of this happening and ministers, Bro. Farrakhan included elluded to the fact that if he let's whites in there wouldn't be any seats left for black people because the whites would beat us to the mosque. There are always some at speeches, there were some not far from me at the million man march. They show up to rallies and protests (here in NY anyway) so on one level they have already been let in just not officially.

Do you realize that this would change the way the minister's would have to teach in the mosque because if whites are not included in the teachings and made to feel comfortable, they will leave and or protest harder than when they were never allowed in.

I can hear their first question now - "How can you still say that master Fard was not white when he looks just like me?"

info-meotry,

A lot of what you say is very meaningful, not to mention the avenue that Malcolm X chose after deciding to leave the NOI, and created the OAAU. We tend to lose cite and become disjointed when it comes to our leaders and ancestors, below are the words of Malcolm (emphasis added):

Organization of Afro-American Unity (OAAU)

We Afro-Americans feel receptive toward all peoples of good will
We are not opposed to multi-ethnic associations in any walk of life
In fact, we have had experiences which enable us to understand
How unfortunate it is that human beings have been set apart
Or aside from each other because of characteristics known
As “racial” characteristics.

-Malcolm X (El Hajj Malik el Shabazz)

Hotep

Hmmmmmmmmmmm! Well as for Mr Farakan so much can be learned form him. I would love to talk to him and ask a few key questions!

In my heart, mind and soul...I don't believe that we should be kissing up to no other races until Africa is free from the oppressors who hoards it's resources and starve the Africans/Black folk! And reperations is paid to black folk in North America!

Why should we as a race continue to try and intergrate when so much evil and harm is being done to the African/Black family! Our energy should be put towards building, securing, educating and uplifting our Land and People! Anything other than that is a distraction.

Any race or people whom don't understand that don't have our best interest @ heart! Ya Hearrrrrrrrrrrrrd

Peace

Mind Boggling.

Not the rantings of Farrakhan, anyone who has been listening for the past forty-five years, kinda knows what they can expect from him. But what I find most mind-boggling (aside Elder Osiris attempt to educate US here,) is the lack of cognizant global voices postured to speak firmly in defense of today's Black peoples.

Maybe now, WE'LL soon see a breakthrough.

Thanx for YOUR imput CHIEF.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back