Black Education / Schools : Does sending black children to a catholic school have any affect on them

Great discussion!

I agree with most everyone within, everything has an affect on your children.

It sounds like you are very diligent in monitoring that affect, which is all you can do for the most part.

Continue to keep the babies safe, and remember, your voice is greater than all the others.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

peace

No, i never intended a catholic school but have friends who did all the way up to H.S. and it's wierd because it seems as if they are stuck inbetween two worlds and don't know which one to hold on to... They came out book smart, but have no self awareness and kind of numb when it comes to the black community....

I know one whole family of 3 that attended and they were completely whitewashed, no doubt about it....to this day the oldest brother runs with and sounds like a white boy and he's wesley snipes black. (ya'll didn't know wesley got his own crayon? yeah, there's 13 in the box now) Very intelligent, but it's hard to trust them because of their indoctrination. You tell them something about black history or tell them about a pro black event and they'll tell you to holla at them when you get back....lol

Anyway, they used to tell us about the beatings with the paddle they would get for giving wrong answers or if they missed any assignments and we'd be like what???? We couldn't believe it, so we used to go and sneak in and snoop around and saw statues of mary in every class room and was buggin because everything our friends who attended told us was true.

To me, just walking around in there felt like we weren't alone. Almost like there was a spirit in there or something, especially at night when they would have open rec night and we'd go there to play basketball downstairs in their gym.

I said that to say:

So, it seems as if the edu-cation is better than in a public school, but make sure you teach your children about themselves and their ancestors too when they come home because they sure aren't going to get in in Catholic School.....

Thanks for your response. I was thinking along these lines but don't want to overreact, plus I do care that they are taught to think and not what to think. I do instill this every chance I get.

Great discussion!

I agree with most everyone within, everything has an affect on your children.

It sounds like you are very diligent in monitoring that affect, which is all you can do for the most part.

Continue to keep the babies safe, and remember, your voice is greater than all the others.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Thanks,

I have gathered that here that the best thing is to continue to be a greater influence and you are right about the monitoring, I will definetly keep my eyes open.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back