Black Spirituality Religion : Development of sekem and proper breathing

emanuel goodman said:
I knew we had some things in common omo can u please introduce those techniques to the family. John coltrane is my favorite jazz artist!

Well brother emanuel I have a number of health issues, some of which are hereditary which makes this of primary concern:asthma, hypertention, diabetes, sleep apnia and 'obesity'.

Sleep apnia is probably the main contributor to the others because it leads to insomnia and causes shock to the central nervous and circulatory systems. As a result, I am constantly sleep deprived and when I do sleep more than three hours I awake with headaches. As a result I started practicying Kundalini yoga and pranayama. I started with pranayam at a young age without knowing what I was doing. I noticed as a kid that when I closed my eyes that there were these orange colors which seemed to fill the darkness. I used to focus on seeing the colors with my eyes closed and this helped to put me to sleep. As I got older I used to do the same thing but always put on some jazz or classic r&b music to sleep to and then noticed that the colors seemed to dance. Then I started paluing trumpet and focused more on breathing technique and when in college I learned about John Coltrane and how he was a Buddhist and this led me to practice Kundalini yoga and pranayama, formally. My problem is that over the past years I have gined weight and been inconsistent and am paying for it now with high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes. I stopped playing trumpet/cornet 9 years ago but recently started practicing again with the melodica. It is very taxing because of poor circulatory system due to numerous kinds of blockage. I have been meditating more the past few days and regenly bought the following books,

The I Ching: Book of Changes
Light on Yoga by B.K.S. Iyengar

In the near future I will be purchasing some texts from the SEMA Institute from their yoga studies program.

Peace!

here are some other techs

omowalejabali said:
this technique may be fatal to one's health...
http://www.abc.net.au/science/news/stories/1999/74175.htm

The Egyptian high priest the waab developed the smai(complete union breath) during inhalation the diaphram contracts or exerts a gentile pressure upon the liver,stomach and other organs,which in connection with the rythm of the lungs acts as a gentle massage of these organs and stimulates thier actions, and encourages normal functioning.

1 stand or sit Erect

Breathing through the nostirls Inhale Steadily, First filling the lower part of the lungs, Which is Acomplished By bringing into play the diaphragm which decending exerts a gentle pressure on the abodominal organs, pushing foward the front walls of the abodoment.Then fill the middle of the lungs.pushing out the lower ribs breast bone and chest. Then fill the portion of the the lungs protruding the upper chest thus lifting the chest including the upper six or seven paris of the ribs. In the final part of the movement the lower part of the abdomen,will be slightly drawn in Which movemnet gives the lungs a support and also helps to fill th highest part of the lungs. This technique may appear to be several moves however it is one complete inhalation through the nostrils with the mouth closed. never breath through your mouth for it is unsaniatary air without it being filtered through the nose.

2 Retain the breath for a few seconds

3 Exhale quite slowly holding the chest in a firm postion, and drawing the abdomen in a litteland lifting it upward slowly as the air leaves the lungs. Where the air is entirely exhaled, relax the chest and abdomen a little practice will render this part of the process easy, and the movement once acquired will be afterward performed almost automatically. Remember do not lift your shoulders for the complete breath sit still and fill you lungs entirely

I will introduce healing(breathing) methods as this tread continues

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back