Black Spirituality Religion : Proper Interpretation Is The Key To Wisdom...

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Aqil, Mar 27, 2003.

1. Aqil

Aqil Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +114
    "Jesus says: 'Go among the people, eat whatever they set before you, and heal the sick among them. For what goes into your mouth will not defile you, but what comes out of your mouth, that is what will defile you.' "

This is a very significant saying. It means: Don't bother too much if the food is not pure, or if an untouchable has touched it, or if a woman who is having her period has passed by and her shadow has defiled it...

The question is not what you take in, the question is what you bring out - because what you bring out, that shows your quality; how you transform what you take in, that's the thing...

A lotus is born in the mud; the mud is transformed and becomes a lotus. The lotus never says: 'I will not eat this mud, this is dirty!' No, that is not the question. If you are a lotus nothing is dirty. If you have the capacity of a lotus; if you have the transforming power - the alchemy - then you can remain and a lotus will be born...

And if you don't have the quality of a lotus, then even if you live in gold, only mud will come out of you. What goes in is not the point. The point is that if you are centered in your being, whatsoever goes in is changed, is transformed; it takes your quality of being and comes out...

So Jesus says: 'For what goes into your mouth will not defile you, but what comes out of your mouth, that is what will defile you.'

So remember how you transform things: if somebody insults you, he feeds you with an insult...that is not going to defile you. What comes out of you now? How do you transform the insult? Does love come out of you or hate?

Jesus says: 'Remember what comes out of you, don't bother much about goes in.' And this has to be remembered by you too, otherwise your whole approach can go wrong. If you continuously think about what goes in, then you never develop that capacity of being that can transform things. Then the whole thing becomes outward: pure food, this type of food and that type of food; nobody should touch you...you are a Brahmin, a pure soul. Then the whole thing becomes nonsense!

The real thing is not what comes in, the real thing is to remember that you have to transform it..."

"What goes in you cannot defile you because whatsoever goes in, goes in the body. Nothing can go into YOU, your purity is absolute. But whatsoever comes out of you carries your quality, the fragrance of your being - that shows something. If anger comes out of you, that shows that inside you are ill; if hatred comes out of you, that shows that inside you are not whole; if love, compassion and light comes out of you, that shows that wholeness has been achieved...

I hope you will understand this strange saying. Misunderstanding is easy, and with persons like Jesus misunderstanding is always possible...understanding almost impossible - because they speak truths, and truths are always paradoxical because you are not ready to listen...not centered.

You understand through the mind and the mind gets mixed up, confused, and it interprets - then this saying becomes dangerous. I must tell you that this saying has not been recorded in the Authorized Version of the Bible. It has been left out - because what he is saying is dangerous!

It is recorded, but not in the Authorized Version, not in the Bible Christians believe. But when Jesus was speaking many other people were recording, and this record has survived. It was found 47 years ago in a cave in Egypt..."

(THE MUSTARD SEED, Discourses on the Sayings of Jesus taken from the Gospel According to Thomas, by Bagwan Shree Rajneesh.)

2. Aqil

Ratings:
    +114
    "For what goes into your mouth will not defile you, but what comes out of your mouth, that is what will defile you."

This is indeed one of the most misinterpretated of Jesus' admonitions to his disciples...

3. Aqil

Ratings:
    +114
    In other words:

It's not what you call me, but what I answer to...

4. Aqil

Ratings:
    +114
    AMEN.

5. Aqil

Ratings:
    +114
    "I hope you will understand this strange saying. Misunderstanding is easy, and with persons like Jesus misunderstanding is always possible...understanding almost impossible - because they speak truths, and truths are always paradoxical because you are not ready to listen...not centered."

(Bagwan Shree Rajneesh)

6. CrunchyStuff

CrunchyStuff Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Aqil,

Jesus did say those things in the authorized version of the bible.

Mat 15:11 Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

Mar 7:23 All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.

Mar 7:20 And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man.

Mar 7:21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,

Mar 7:22 Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:

Mar 7:23 All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.

and it is repeated in several books of the bible.....

You must have never read the books of the authorised version for you to think that it was not in there.

7. Aqil

Ratings:
    +114
    First of all, I am not the author of the article. Secondly, the author is referring to the following words ascribed to Jesus:

"The real thing is not what comes in, the real thing is to remember that you have to transform it..."

Bagwan Shree Rajneesh comments:

"What goes in you cannot defile you because whatsoever goes in, goes in the body. Nothing can go into YOU, your purity is absolute. But whatsoever comes out of you carries your quality, the fragrance of your being - that shows something. If anger comes out of you, that shows that inside you are ill; if hatred comes out of you, that shows that inside you are not whole; if love, compassion and light comes out of you, that shows that wholeness has been achieved..."

8. CrunchyStuff

Ratings:
    +1
    Aqil,

Okay, my bad. It was the author of the piece, not you, who is ignorant of the topic which he wrote about [Jesus].

From Aqil:::
    Secondly, the author is referring to the following words ascribed to Jesus:

"The real thing is not what comes in, the real thing is to remember that you have to transform it..."

So the author of the article did not understand when Jesus says: If a man forces you to go one mile, go two? What about when Jesus says: if a man asks for your coat, give him your long garment also?

Would that kinda of be taking someone's evil [i.e. the evil of forcing me to go one mile] and transforming it into something good which showed my love [going two miles]?

So the author did not know what was in the Bible, or he did not understand what he read in the bible. But somehow thinks he is a teacher of the great truths of Jesus?

LOL!!! Your author is just like any new college student who runs around arguing about this or that thing they learned in class, thinking they alone know something more than everybody else!

New born christians make the same mistakes as your author.

No biggie. Just funny when they do that.

9. Aqil

Ratings:
    +114
    I disagree with your biased opinion of the author.

I suggest that you contact the author for answers to your queries...

See above...

I can't speak for the author, Crunchy...

Your farcical opinion is chimerical at best...

In your opinion the author made a mistake. In my opinion his enlightening interpretation is a revelation...

10. CrunchyStuff

Ratings:
    +1
    Aqil,

How do you know that I am biased against the author? All you have is my words here?

Of course all I have are the author's words here. And since apparently I could not judge from his words whether he is ignorant.

Logically, you can not judge from my words, whether I am biased.

Using Aqil logic that is.

Alright, kiddo. We will just leave it on alone. It is the author's opinion.