Black People : Confronting anti-black racism among Latinos - Us Vs Them?

Many Latinos are conditioned to not trust blacks, Many latinos believe in black stereo -types.
But the overall issue is not as bad, in that Latinos don't often hate blacks like some Euros do.

I often take the time to educated Latinos about AA, Afrikans, and Afrikan Latinos. I often surprise many non-Afrikan Latinos when I start talking to them in spanish, it blows their minds.

I know many don't reach across to latinos, but I do think it will serve us, if we make an effort. We do need more allies. Don't kiss their butts. but we will be better-off if we can make more connections with them.

Many Latinos are conditioned to not trust blacks, Many latinos believe in black stereo -types.

Which is exactly what the article says.

But the overall issue is not as bad, in that Latinos don't often hate blacks like some Euros do.
No, but American Latinos LOVE them some white folk and we know what lengths those who love will go to appear "attractive" to their beloved.

I often take the time to educated Latinos about AA, Afrikans, and Afrikan Latinos. I often surprise many non-Afrikan Latinos when I start talking to them in spanish, it blows their minds.
It just means you look black.

I know many don't reach across to latinos, but I do think it will serve us, if we make an effort. We do need more allies. Don't kiss their butts. but we will be better-off if we can make more connections with them.

I'm waiting for "them" to make a connection with "us." After all, they're the new kids on the block, not AAs, who have ALWAYS given them a helping hand. The reason so many of them are in the country today is because of AAs pressuring Pres. Johnson to open the immigration gates to non-Europeans. The reason they get a break in school and on the job is because of AAs pressuring for Affirmative Action. The reason their children are American citizens even when they are not is because of African-Americans after the Civil War. AAs owe Latinos nothing. Latinos owe us a hellava lot!

The very notion of identity isn't the same black vs white take, I. e., where the majority remains white folk, whereas blacks also play a more significant role, in the ole haves vs have nots arenas, where the minority with the money and the power might emulate but aren't white and/or Europeans...

No apples vs oranges comparisons...

FYI

I'll just post/say/write/etc. this:

Sometimes a person make it personal, winds up becoming the issue and the problem...

You need to quit Chuck. You are the one taking and attempting to make this personal with talk of your family members are this that, and how other people can't handle truth :bs: ..... when no one was talking to OR about you in the first place. Scheesh!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back