Black People : Confronting anti-black racism among Latinos - Us Vs Them?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by chuck, May 25, 2014.

1. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,530
  2. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    Good grief! This could have been written by a black person about black people!!!!

Black folk, too. As well as EVERY mixed group (India-Indians, Greeks, Italians, etc.)

:news:

Black people DO engage the conversation. Only diff is we reaffirm our color prejudices when we do so. See the threads on the actress Lupita for corroboration. :rolleyes:

The thread is wrongly titled. It should be "THEM vs. us!"

Btw, see how Latinos "think" they're going to take over the country and black people will STILL be "on the bottom of the barrel?" Smiling at that notion while thinking sarcastically: 'How white of you.':10400:

Black Latinos as well, presumably.... including members of their own families. Sounds like "white" Latinos are chomping at the bit to throw off their color-caste system for the more Americanized racism. :10100:

In the 1940s and 50s, it was a common expression in the black communities of America to "marry light to improve the race." **sigh** Fortunately, we're pretty much over this group insanity.

Not necessarily. While I understand the author's point, the above example shows a lack of understanding of "psychology", i.e., he's so handsome, thus can get any girl but he chooses to date the most (in the Latino's racist view) "ugly" girl he can find. Why? Because he's narcissistic (and most likely emotionally insecure), i.e., wants all the attention to be on him and for her to be grateful, feel lucky that she has "him that's all that!"

Whomp! There it is! THEM who expect to be lords and masters of America through popping out baby after baby (not hard work or intelligence, but swamping us with numbers), against us. Wake up call for all the black simple-minded, wishful-thinking we-are-the-worlders who insist that Hispanics are our "friends." :rolleyes:

3. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,530
    Does one article so easily back your pro black/anti brow claims?!?

But just berating you is not what I'm about:

And getting you to realize listening/learning/etc. from others, i. e., getting you to realize and recognize why some of us, who also .have afro latinos as family members, different personal relations with latinos, not the same adversarial relations as whites have with us or visa versa, is why I and we have to agree to disagree, e. g., I and we also admit how complex such issues/problems/etc. were and are, also difficult if not impossible to find means/ways/etc. to resolve...

The individual unjustly acquitted of the murder of a young teen was and is a case study of an issue/problem facing us all, via the sad legacy of the whitewashing of other colored folk thruout the Americas, only new and news to us, in the states....

But I need not dislike every black person I disagree with, I also need not loathe every brown person I wouldn't buy one of those light beers they drink, etc.

We too had folk who dared to suggest merely having bigger births etc. would automatically make us the equals of whites:

Now single parent black female headed households go begging for our help and support...

So much for what is just popularly believed, not always true...

Take care...

4. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    This is not an "Us vs Them" scenario. It's an in-group dynamic that Latinos need to work out among themselves. No need for black people to confront them or to get involved in what is essentially their issue.

5. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    Does one response so easily back your LIBELOUS contention that I am anti-brown?

But committing LIBEL against me is?

Since 1) I don't filter my opinions through others' lenses and 2) my reply was not directed to YOU, no need to "agree or disagree." My post stands.

No, it isn't.

1. I don't dislike ANY black person I disagree with.... provided it's not personal.
    2. I loathe NO brown person.

Does that make me a better human being than you? :rolleyes:

Name the insane black :nuts: who said the road to equality is for black people to have more babies.

Backatcha! Especially take care with the spurious allegations that trample all over the libel laws.

6. KingSango

KingSango Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +389
    African people have no friends because basically everyone knows we have the darkest skin so any mixing with us results in their disappearance over time. This is why Europeans, the smallest group on the planet, became in control because most of human practice and believe in White Supremacy and Racism, helped them or allied with them in many instances and still do. When Africans kill each other over Islam and Christianity, both cultures of coming out of Africa, this is White Supremacy. There are laws in some African nations, former colonies of Europeans, where witchcraft or African traditional religions is outlawed and some sentences handed out for those who break it are death. These are Africans killing each other over the White Supremacy civilization v.s their own. So we all practice White Supremacy to some extent on each other that's why we have the Boule/Masons attacking African human beings to enforce White Supremacy.

7. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,530
    Too many opinions...

So few based on the facts....

Some continue to make noise...

I and others will go on striving to make a diference...

And more than just whites can't handle the truth!

Life will go on for those of us who can!

FYI

8. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    I hear you! No we-are-the-worlder will ever turn my eyes from the prize. I refuse to put on those rose-colored glasses they wear that blur Truth from "white man got yo' mind!" Fantasy, i.e., ASSuming prejudices and bias of other blacks because they are unafraid to admit their self-love, thus love themselves more than any distant non-black relatives; projecting their blinders to Truth on black and proud of it! folk for spitting truth. If the race EVER goes forward, it will be because of the efforts of us conscious black folk, not the "I got injun/white/latinos in MY family!" escapees from reality. :)

9. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,530
    I and others can and will network etc. in spite of anybody and everybody, since we're no the ones the revealing comment of a fictional white character repeated and now is as true of my/our/etc. colored 'critics'/detractors/etc.:

"You can't handle the truth!"

10. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    It is very sad when a grown black man wishful-thinks himself to be an equal in some great "colored" community of well-wishers who won't stab him in the back in a heartbeat if it suits their group's interests.

I, for one, will continue to spit truth.... as will other pro-black folk who gave up the designation "colored" half a century ago.