Black Money Business Jobs : Can we use a Job Skills/Employment Opportunities Forum?

panafrica

REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 24, 2002
The Diaspora
In today’s competitive workplace, finding a job often depends on who you know, not just what you can do. Networking is essential to being able to obtain a prosperous career. However, many people (especially black people) do not have the resources or connections to properly network. I think this website can help to end this pattern. Destee.com forum members live in several different states and in some cases different countries. Why not use each other to network? Let’s create a forum to list job openings in the companies we work for. We can also list job openings in our respective counties/states. This forum can also be used to provide tips for job readiness skills (resume writing, cover letters, job searching techniques, etc). What do you think family? Is there a need for a job skills/employment opportunities forum?

I agree, we can notify each other of any new job opportunities. Let me kick it off :)

And NO, I'm not a head hunter, these are from me and few personal friends that I network with:

1. Vignette 6 TCL web developer Irving, TX area

2. html/CSS contract work, NY/NJ

3. Operating System installer Chicago area (lol, I don't know the job title).

4. C/Java Developer(s) 3 years+ -Chicago area

5. TCL developer/analysis -Chicago area -This is a great entry level position.

6. TCL/Javascript developer -Chicago area -3+ years.

panafrica said:
In today’s competitive workplace, finding a job often depends on who you know, not just what you can do. Networking is essential to being able to obtain a prosperous career. However, many people (especially black people) do not have the resources or connections to properly network. I think this website can help to end this pattern. Destee.com forum members live in several different states and in some cases different countries. Why not use each other to network? Let’s create a forum to list job openings in the companies we work for. We can also list job openings in our respective counties/states. This forum can also be used to provide tips for job readiness skills (resume writing, cover letters, job searching techniques, etc). What do you think family? Is there a need for a job skills/employment opportunities forum?

Pan, stupendous idea, brother! We need such a forum MORE than any other forum we've got up in this piece... We need our people EMPLOYED, and making money, so that they can take care of themselves and their families... Then we can discuss culture and art and all that wonderful stuff, which is meaningless to an unemployed person... FANTASTIC IDEA! Let's get it done!

Peace!
Isaiah

neon44 said:
I agree, we can notify each other of any new job opportunities. Let me kick it off :)

And NO, I'm not a head hunter, these are from me and few personal friends that I network with:

1. Vignette 6 TCL web developer Irving, TX area

2. html/CSS contract work, NY/NJ

3. Operating System installer Chicago area (lol, I don't know the job title).

4. C/Java Developer(s) 3 years+ -Chicago area

5. TCL developer/analysis -Chicago area -This is a great entry level position.

6. TCL/Javascript developer -Chicago area -3+ years.

Thank you again Neon! Even if you were a head hunter, if you are trying to provide my people with income...I'm not mad at you. Hold off on some more until Destee gives the "Ya" or "Nay" on the Employment Opportunities Forum.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back