Black Money Business Jobs : TECHNOLOGY WILL CHANGE JOB MARKET

Artificial Intelligence: Computers become exponentially better in understanding the world. This year, a computer beat the best Go player in the world, 10 years earlier than expected.

Watson already helps nurses diagnosing cancer, 4 times more accurate than human nurses. Facebook now has a pattern recognition software that can recognize faces better than humans. In 2030, computers will become more intelligent than humans.

I have a problem with these statements. In some ways this is a distinction without a difference but it may make a difference if people understand it. Too many people are IN AWE OF COMPUTERS!

99.9% of all computers use the von Neumann architecture. Most computer books do not even mention it. In fact IBM hired John von Neumann as a consultant in 1951 and I never saw any mention of him or the architecture named after him in the years I worked there and they never explained it to me. I learned it as a result of building my own computer and studying the schematic.

That is an 8-bit machine but it does not matter to the concept of the architecture. A 64-bit machine just processes more data faster. This is the best explanation I have seen:

But that video does not seem to use the term von Neumann architecture either.

I have a problem with the term Artificial Intelligence. It originates with some White boys at a conference at Dartmouth College in 1954. Of course the computers were a joke in 1954 and they had some exaggerated ideas about how capable these machines would be. It turned out that it was easy for computers to do things that humans found difficult and extremely hard for computers to do things that people take for granted.

I call it Simulated Intelligence.

This is because von Neumann devices are SYMBOL PROCESSING MACHINES but they do not UNDERSTAND the meaning of the symbols. It is like your leg jerking when a doctor taps your knee in an exact manner. Your leg reacts if it is healthy without your brain comprehending that it should issue a command to raise your leg.

Since it is now possible to put billions of transistors on a chip and connect gigabytes of memory for huge programs and terabytes of disk drives of data to be processed these machines can appear to be Intelligent because they can be Really Really Stupid Really Really Fast and weed out the stupid results.

In terms of the Job Market this may not matter.

But have we allowed the economy to become just about jobs.

Large organizations started programming computers for double-entry accounting in the 1950s. Double-Entry accounting is 700 years old. Why hasn't it been mandatory in high school since 1960? I mentioned this to a White business woman. She said that the 2008 crash would not have happened if accounting had been required since then.

I wonder what would have happened if MLK and Malcolm X had both been suggesting that in the early 60s.

We have sat back and let the paleface miseducational system control what we know just like it miseducates most White people.

I have a problem with these statements. In some ways this is a distinction without a difference but it may make a difference if people understand it. Too many people are IN AWE OF COMPUTERS!

99.9% of all computers use the von Neumann architecture. Most computer books do not even mention it. In fact IBM hired John von Neumann as a consultant in 1951 and I never saw any mention of him or the architecture named after him in the years I worked there and they never explained it to me. I learned it as a result of building my own computer and studying the schematic.

That is an 8-bit machine but it does not matter to the concept of the architecture. A 64-bit machine just processes more data faster. This is the best explanation I have seen:

But that video does not seem to use the term von Neumann architecture either.

I have a problem with the term Artificial Intelligence. It originates with some White boys at a conference at Dartmouth College in 1954. Of course the computers were a joke in 1954 and they had some exaggerated ideas about how capable these machines would be. It turned out that it was easy for computers to do things that humans found difficult and extremely hard for computers to do things that people take for granted.

I call it Simulated Intelligence.

This is because von Neumann devices are SYMBOL PROCESSING MACHINES but they do not UNDERSTAND the meaning of the symbols. It is like your leg jerking when a doctor taps your knee in an exact manner. Your leg reacts if it is healthy without your brain comprehending that it should issue a command to raise your leg.

Since it is now possible to put billions of transistors on a chip and connect gigabytes of memory for huge programs and terabytes of disk drives of data to be processed these machines can appear to be Intelligent because they can be Really Really Stupid Really Really Fast and weed out the stupid results.

In terms of the Job Market this may not matter.

But have we allowed the economy to become just about jobs.

Large organizations started programming computers for double-entry accounting in the 1950s. Double-Entry accounting is 700 years old. Why hasn't it been mandatory in high school since 1960? I mentioned this to a White business woman. She said that the 2008 crash would not have happened if accounting had been required since then.

I wonder what would have happened if MLK and Malcolm X had both been suggesting that in the early 60s.

We have sat back and let the paleface miseducational system control what we know just like it miseducates most White people.

You can complain, as they take your job. Or get with the program

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back