Black People : can we all just get along ????

Because of topics like this one and BLM I began to look at the different generations of Blacks.

Generation X, or the post boomers
born between 1965 and 1981

Generation Y:
* Also known as “Millennials”
* Born 1980 to 2000

Generation Z
born between 1994 and 2010.

And when this happened: Elzie wasn't alone. About a dozen young protestors joined her as she stormed the stage and took the mic at Sharpton's march, saying that the Reverend was a distraction to their work in Ferguson.

Who are these young adult Black people taking the mic from an elder Black man they should at least show respect for.

I'm sure each of these generation are represented on Destee. We can't ignore the fact that the are. And each generation is getting further and further away from their Blackness. And turning their backs on their elders, including their parents.

How do we connect to form a movement when X,Y,X wants nothing to do with anything, or anyone that's not about them.

the first step is putting the problem on the table...

The problem is on the table, falling on the floor.
How do we link the BB, X, Y, Z. I hear the next generation will be the post Black generation.

As usual I'm pro Black leaders. Today I can think of only one leader that each generation has in common and will listen to with open ears:
Farrakhan.

Because of topics like this one and BLM I began to look at the different generations of Blacks.

Generation X, or the post boomers
born between 1965 and 1981

Generation Y:
* Also known as “Millennials”
* Born 1980 to 2000

Generation Z
born between 1994 and 2010.

And when this happened: Elzie wasn't alone. About a dozen young protestors joined her as she stormed the stage and took the mic at Sharpton's march, saying that the Reverend was a distraction to their work in Ferguson.

Who are these young adult Black people taking the mic from an elder Black man they should at least show respect for.

I'm sure each of these generation are represented on Destee. We can't ignore the fact that the are. And each generation is getting further and further away from their Blackness. And turning their backs on their elders, including their parents.

How do we connect to form a movement when X,Y,X wants nothing to do with anything, or anyone that's not about them.
Thanks for caring and sharing your thoughts with all of us about this particular topic...

Also do elaborate a wee bit further, as it applies to who you consider the true leaders of the various generations you've mentioned as well...

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back