Black People : can we all just get along ????

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by jamesfrmphilly, Feb 5, 2017.

1. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +14,472
    i was thinking about how most of my family can't get along. i live alone.
    a friend was telling me how she had to kick her nephew out becasue they could not get along.

we were thinking about the problems black people have with just not being able to get along with one another.
    how much better could we do if we could all co operate and work together.

in her familiy and mine it's a general problem.

2. Djedefre

Djedefre Active Member MEMBER

Canada
    Ratings:
    +14
    I believe that it is because we have had a disadvantage of being a hated minority, with widespread forced racial mixing, spread out over a large area the size of many continents, being enslaved and general portrayed negatively and it affects us because we have taken on elements of white racist and white oppressors.

For black people to get along, at this point, I think it is probably best we just come together when we intend to be PRODUCTIVE as Neely Fuller says, otherwise, when we are around each other for long, we start to annoy each other > fights. And I believe this is rooted from the fact that we all have a white subconscious psyche that was and is forced on us by white society with negative images. As such, it manifest it self in fighting. You see Africans coming from the motherland, don't have this issue, they get along well with each other, although not well with other ethnic groups. So Zulus get along well with Zulues, or Yorubas with Yorubas, but not necessarily xhoasas with somalis.

3. baller

baller Well-Known Member MEMBER

Canada
    Ratings:
    +865
    You have bad parenting--abusive parents who leave their kids a psychological mess...with no idea how to navigate positive social circles, without the aid of mind-distorting courage. ALCOHOL and DRUGS have warped our mentalities...and guns have leveled the fighting field. The results: a herd of MR. BADs...who don't think they have to listen to anyone else. OF COURSE, bad parenting isn't the only thing that gets us to that point, but it is something that we could course-correct without much effort.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +14,472
    :11100:so let's do it then....

5. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,054
    There are so many layers to the problem with no simple solution. Social conditioning is having a deep affect on all people, Black people in particular since we seem to be the group that most people want to hate, oppress and destroy. Can we all just get along? Sure, but only if we choose to. Why wouldn't we choose to get along? Therein lies the complexity of the situation. Quality parenting? True, much different today than in my generation--baby boomer. But what are the reasons for the difference? Could it be the impact of integration back in the 60s and 70s? If so, why? You can't get along with others if you don't care about yourself. The answers we are seeking comes from within and how we feel about ourselves. Men can't love women or each other if they lack self-respect and self-love. Women can't love men or each other if they lack self-respect or self-love. So, as parents or even role models, what is it that Black people are teaching Black children? Do we know what love is?

6. IFE

IFE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,009
    Because of topics like this one and BLM I began to look at the different generations of Blacks.

Generation X, or the post boomers
    born between 1965 and 1981

Generation Y:
    * Also known as “Millennials”
    * Born 1980 to 2000

Generation Z
    born between 1994 and 2010.

And when this happened: Elzie wasn't alone. About a dozen young protestors joined her as she stormed the stage and took the mic at Sharpton's march, saying that the Reverend was a distraction to their work in Ferguson.

Who are these young adult Black people taking the mic from an elder Black man they should at least show respect for.

I'm sure each of these generation are represented on Destee. We can't ignore the fact that the are. And each generation is getting further and further away from their Blackness. And turning their backs on their elders, including their parents.

How do we connect to form a movement when X,Y,X wants nothing to do with anything, or anyone that's not about them.

7. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +14,472
    the first step is putting the problem on the table...

8. IFE

IFE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,009
    The problem is on the table, falling on the floor.
    How do we link the BB, X, Y, Z. I hear the next generation will be the post Black generation.

As usual I'm pro Black leaders. Today I can think of only one leader that each generation has in common and will listen to with open ears:
    Farrakhan.

9. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,604
    Thanks for caring and sharing your thoughts with all of us about this particular topic...

Also do elaborate a wee bit further, as it applies to who you consider the true leaders of the various generations you've mentioned as well...