Pan-Africanism : Call for More African Unity with Blacks in America

Good job Akilah

I apologize to you Akilah. I should have read this sooner. This is very important information. A welcome diversion from the the constant sex/dating/relationship threads. The fact that the AU has decided to include us as the sixth region in their organizational stucture is good news. We need to create bonds between African Americans and our family in the motherland. And your information that the CBC is not closely coordinating with African political organizations is good to know. That is an issue that we, the AA's here, need to address with our political representatives in Washington. Thanks for the info.

Malik

Oh, I'm with it!!! Thanks for the link Akilah - I'm constantly getting the best resources from Destee. I think it's one of the best online African forums. But anyways...

People on this site are politically and socially aware. We're learning so much more about our history than previous generations. But, does anyone have any plans to live an African lifestyle and consciousness. What I mean is, when will we be home!! I know I'm going to trace my roots, but what happens after that. I don't want to spend my life in a culture that doesn't celebrate me. So the idea of Pan-Africanism ( when was the first P.A. Congress? ) is brilliant. And I was reading on another thread, about the Pan-African march. What are the social and economic structures that empower the masses of people (not an elite few). I know this is pretty big, but I need help digesting it.

With Pan-African unity, and conciousness, how do you see us organising to shape our future?

/tim

twashing said:
Oh, I'm with it!!! Thanks for the link Akilah - I'm constantly getting the best resources from Destee. I think it's one of the best online African forums. But anyways...

People on this site are politically and socially aware. We're learning so much more about our history than previous generations. But, does anyone have any plans to live an African lifestyle and consciousness. What I mean is, when will we be home!! I know I'm going to trace my roots, but what happens after that. I don't want to spend my life in a culture that doesn't celebrate me. So the idea of Pan-Africanism ( when was the first P.A. Congress? ) is brilliant. And I was reading on another thread, about the Pan-African march. What are the social and economic structures that empower the masses of people (not an elite few). I know this is pretty big, but I need help digesting it.

With Pan-African unity, and conciousness, how do you see us organising to shape our future?

/tim

One way is with cooperative economics, trade, research etc...
For example : Black college/universities such as Tuskegee Univ.
work closely w/ African nations on sustainable agriculture projects
that can be beneficial to both Africans and African Americans.

panafrica said:
The 1st Pan African congress was held in 1919, and the 1st Pan African conference was held in 1900. The idea of PanAfricanism is quite old, and is as essential to our future today as it was then!
There are talks for the possiblity of hosting a 4th Pan-African congress. Hope they use such a congress to push an agenda for economic renewal of black Africa. I also hope they follow through on that meeting.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back