Black People : Autumn Ashante Child Poet

QUEEN ABENA said:
Greetings Brother

Although she is inspired by her father, is it a crime for her to vocalize "da truth" Children sometimes see things or experience things we adults have yet to understand. I am proud of her father for exposing her to her culture and history because if he doesn't then who will?

What would you do had your child been labeled racist and banned from performing and enlightening youth? Would you stop teaching her in hopes that she would just "forget" and blend in with everyone else?

just asking

Peace

It depends on what I was teaching her and my motives behind it..........and he's exposing her to our history as he sees it because again at 7 she doesn't have enough life experience to make an informed decision.....a lot of things I thought and was sure of at 7 , 15, 18, 20, 25 , 28 I now look at as completely ridiculous............ is she enlightening youth...not necessarily.......noone can be enlightened unless they want to be...just because somebody tells me something doesn't mean I'm taking it in........Honestly I just hate it when people , parents push their/our agendas onto our kids......
Oh ......as a side....I love that picture in your avatar...for real....Beautiful...

MississippiRed

aka

EL Chupacabra

MississippiRed said:
It depends on what I was teaching her and my motives behind it..........and he's exposing her to our history as he sees it because again at 7 she doesn't have enough life experience to make an informed decision.....a lot of things I thought and was sure of at 7 , 15, 18, 20, 25 , 28 I now look at as completely ridiculous............ is she enlightening youth...not necessarily.......noone can be enlightened unless they want to be...just because somebody tells me something doesn't mean I'm taking it in........Honestly I just hate it when people , parents push their/our agendas onto our kids......
Oh ......as a side....I love that picture in your avatar...for real....Beautiful...

MississippiRed

aka

EL Chupacabra

Thank you for the compliment. And thanks for the response.

Peace & Blessings

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back