Black People : The Autumn Ashante Reality

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Keita Kenyatta, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    I just came back from a meeting regarding the 7 year old sister's poem that had everybody riled up because she spoke "historical truth" in her poem. One of the reasons that we had a meeting was not because of her poem per se, but because of the political and social ramifications behind it.

We as African people have for quite some time been blasting ourselves and our children's negative behavior and mentality in regards to the internal physical and psychological destruction that we have been imposing on each other and our communities in terms of gangs, killings and the over all effect of white supremacy upon us.

We have spouted with intense emotion the need for truth and knowledge to be taught to our children in terms of who they are and what we are up against as a means of rising up from the death and destruction that is and has been killing us.

Our past leaders were killed for presentning truth to us, light to us and a sense of pride and direction. Our activist have been incarcerated and have had their character assasinated by white propaganda that the deaf, dumb and blind among us bought into as a means us shying us away from our own people who were working in and to our benefit...this being something we learned through the exposure of Co-intel-pro and the archives in Washington D.C. 20 and 30 years later.

As such, we know the games that were played, the leaders and grass roots revolutionaries who were set up and killed...and in essence, "how the government, aka white supremacy played upon us in every area of our lives to maintain their control and disunity of who we are as a people." This we know from a hindsight of history in this country.

Now in the year 2006 with all our understanding, we have allowed the system to play this little sister as if she was Angela Davis or Elaine Brown! We have and are repeating the same [email protected] history of the 60's. How do we allow the media, the school system or the news papers and radio to sit up there and castrate this little sister in front of our faces as if she is the greatest potential Black Panther outlaw there is !!?

In other words, instead of embracing, protecting, upholding, honoring her warrior spirit and the truth she has expoused, we have acted and spoken the very same words that our white enemy has spoken as if she was wrong in what she said. We have tried to find excuses and reasons for why and where she should and should not have spoken the truth, when reality dictates that we need it wherever and whenever it is spoken.

She has been "hung out" for the slaughter socially and in the media and we are just twiddling our thumbs. We know we should be bombarding that school with phone calls, bombarding our own people for not supporting her and protecting her from what they are attempting to make her go through. We should be doing everything we failed to do in the past because we didn't at that time know any better. What's our excuse now!!

Why would we allow "what should be embraced as an inspiration to all of us" and our children to be buried, socially denounced and sacrificed like a sheep gone to slaughter in favor of the death, drugs, [email protected] and community degradation that's currenty inflicted upon our community and lives???

She is a child!! A young and promising Black child !! If we allow this to happen to her, it becomes very easy to see "what will again happen to any Black Adult who may stand up and speak for us, who may decide to be the example we CLAIM we're looking for and that we need. There are times when being black is a shamful thing...THIS IS ONE OF THEM !! WE NEED TO JUST TAKE THOSE [email protected] MIRRORS OFF OUR WALLS AND THROW SOME FLOUR ON OUR FACES AND HEARTS, CAUSE WE HAVE TRULY LOST SOMETHING WITHIN OURSELVES[/
    SIZE]!!!

2. kemetkind

kemetkind Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61
    Brother keita,

Why not finish off your eloquent call with an action plan that every member of this forum could do to help Autumn. List the contact information for key individuals in the school, addresses to which we can write...etc.etc

It could be that there are less "deaf, dumb and blind" than you intellectual giants have imagined.

3. pfa1451usa

pfa1451usa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    I'll echo that sentiment...

Thank you Brother Keita, and bless you for participating as a concerned parent and most obviously involved in your community. Now how might I contribute?

4. cursed heart

cursed heart Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    Yes thank you and please post the information!

5. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    I think it is a matter of FEAR of European Supremacy. If we were not afraid of the European Supremacist System, we would have no problem supporting this brave young Sistah.

CD

6. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    I'll have all you need shortly. The New York chapter of the Black Panthers will be in touch with me this evening concerning this. Peace! I will also be personally meeting the girl and her father in a week or two.

7. kemetkind

kemetkind Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61
    bump....don't want to let this fall off.

8. triniti424

triniti424 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Singapore
    Servant of the People
    Ratings:
    +131
    I did read about this brotha Keita and I too want to help anyway I can... PERSONALLY I am very proud of her :hearthis:

9. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,860
    I, too, would like more information and suggestions on how I can contribute.

Queenie :spinstar:

10. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,860
    Morning news...CNN

Will this become a "call to arms?"

Once again the news media is putting a biased spin on this situation as they spotlight (interrogate) this child. They are now pointing to the father (A Black man) as the person (culprit) behind Autum's poetry. They don't want to accept that this child is gifted enough to stand on her own merits. The father said he home school's her and does not teach her hate, he teaches her the truth. The superintendent of schools in her area...a Black woman...has issued apologies to whites who expressed their indignation. The father says his daughter's life has been threatened. A white hate group has already offered to pay Black people's way BACK to Africa if that's where we want to be. Let's follow this closely because I sense this may escalate into a crusade to "kill the messenger." Let's see whether this serves to further divide the Black community as well. What will Oprah, Cosby, Spike, Belafonte and others like them, say?

Queenie :spinstar: