Black Sports : ANOTHER NBA OWNER DOES A STERLING

It seems like he's been trying to sell the team for years n couldn't

They should call that the Sterling method of selling...:lol:

But we knew it was more than just Stering that felt this way, he just let the cat out of the bag.

They should call that the Sterling method of selling...:lol:

But we knew it was more than just Stering that felt this way, he just let the cat out of the bag.

Unless you read something different, the emails that I read didn't sound racist, not that I'm denying his and other owners possible prejudices and racist views, what he said sounded like something anybody concerned with lack of diversity and profits would say. I believe his camp put this email out there to try to cash out like Sterling n take a team thats he's been trying to get rid of for awhile now off his hands, nothing more. If Atlanta was a big market, similar to DC, NY, and LA, this wouldn't have happened. Or he believed his team was a winner, it wouldn't have happened. But this owner clearly wants out.

Unless you read something different, the emails that I read didn't sound racist, not that I'm denying his and other owners possible prejudices and racist views, what he said sounded like something anybody concerned with lack of diversity and profits would say. I believe his camp put this email out there to try to cash out like Sterling n take a team thats he's been trying to get rid of for awhile now off his hands, nothing more. If Atlanta was a big market, similar to DC, NY, and LA, this wouldn't have happened. Or he believed his team was a winner, it wouldn't have happened. But this owner clearly wants out.

I stand corrected and thanks for the correction. It is like two or three of these situations floating around that I got mixed up.

But here is something to consider.

My last duty station was Whidbey Is Wa. It a small old white Dutch community that really didn't take kindly to blacks. You had about 4 clubs, and 2 bars downtown and we dominated them. And just like this situation here, those bars, and clubs saw the same thing. The white were making the same stereotypical comments about us, so to get rid of us, the started playing pop, country, and rock music; to drive us out. Then all was well again, so what will they do music wise here (since that is a factor) to dwindle our numbers if it will get he desired effect?

Peace!

I stand corrected and thanks for the correction. It is like two or three of these situations floating around that I got mixed up.

But here is something to consider.

My last duty station was Whidbey Is Wa. It a small old white Dutch community that really didn't take kindly to blacks. You had about 4 clubs, and 2 bars downtown and we dominated them. And just like this situation here, those bars, and clubs saw the same thing. The white were making the same stereotypical comments about us, so to get rid of us, the started playing pop, country, and rock music; to drive us out. Then all was well again, so what will they do music wise here (since that is a factor) to dwindle our numbers if it will get he desired effect?

Peace!
Like any hardcore capitalist, his first second and third issue and concerns is money. "Why am I not making alotta money, in a metropolitan city like Atlanta?" African Americans are not spending money on tickets and etc like caucasian Americans elsewhere. If the music brings the demographic he wants that spends the money he want to see fans spend then thats just business.

Like any hardcore capitalist, his first second and third issue and concerns is money. "Why am I not making alotta money, in a metropolitan city like Atlanta?" African Americans are not spending money on tickets and etc like caucasian Americans elsewhere. If the music brings the demographic he wants that spends the money he want to see fans spend then thats just business.

Yeah man, and I agree. This is just a trait that many blacks have when it comes to money and team support. I know many black Seahawk fans that say ta hell wit season tickets. Looking at the job climate for us, we ain't droppin that kind of loot. But the white fans I know and see, man they paint themselves, they go horse from screaming, and yelling, and I know a few that go to every home game.

Peace!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back