Black People : Am I Black Enough For You?

Are we truly a diverse culture? I oft times encounter us, as African Americans espousing our colorful and diverse culture. I at the same time see us exhibiting behaviors that do not value our diversity. (i.e. Republican-Democrat/Rich - Poor/Skin Color/Weight differences/who's too black/who's not black enough/Good hair-Bad hair-Weave/Sexual Orientation/Conservative - Liberal/Differently abled/Education levels/Socio - Economic levels).

Why are we so appalled when people outside our culture appear to not value our diversity when it seems that we have much room for improvement in this area ourselves? Why are we not accepting of differences that have the potential to unite us and provide opportunities to influence each other; hence making our relationships ones with meaningful exchange rather than mean exchanges that divides us? Why do some of us think that we have to have a monolithic disposition to be unified?

Can we truly be united as a people and as a larger society when the appreciation for the diversity within our households does not reflect the expectation that we hold others accountable for?

Do we exhibit behaviors that we condemn? (i.e. stereotyping others using unsubstantiated surface observations of some without regard for the individuality of all?).

Is respect not the only thing anyone owes anyone, EVER, differences notwithstanding? Don't we have to have a framework for appreciation of others and their differences before we can begin to grow and evolve as individuals, groups, society?

Again, Brother CK, this was something to chew on! :toast:

Yes, we are a diverse people. We are not carbon copies of each other just by skin color.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back