Black Spirituality Religion : Allegory Heaven and Hell

HEAVEN & HELL WITH CONFUSION IN CHRISTIANITY

THE AFTERLIFE:
CURRENT BELIEFS OF MAJOR WINGS OF CHRISTIANITY

http://www.religioustolerance.org/heav_hel2.htm
Conservative Protestants. Those who are "saved" will go to heaven; vast majority of humans will go to Hell for extreme torture. Whether Hell is eternal is a matter of debate.

Liberal Christians: Hell does not exist as a place of punishment. All will go to Heaven, if such a place exists.

Roman Catholics: A very few will go directly to heaven. Most of those whose sins have been forgiven through church ritual will go to Purgatory for a process of cleansing after death; later, they will be allowed into Heaven. Most of the rest will go directly to Hell, which is considered a place and a state of existence where its inhabitants will suffer forever.:witch:

Conservative Protestant faith groups:
Heaven: It is a glorious location where there is an absence of pain, disease, sexual activity, depression, etc.
People live there in new spiritual bodies, in the presence of Jesus Christ.

Hell: According to a growing number of religious conservatives, Hell is a place where one is simply isolated from God.
According to many Fundamentalist Christians, it is a place where people will be intensely tortured without any hope of relief, for eternity.
Some religious conservatives believe in conditionalism or annihilationism: that those in Hell will be punished for an interval proportional to their sins on earth, and then totally annihilated so that they exist no more in any form.

How one's destination is determined: Those who have repented of their sins and have trusted Jesus as Lord and Savior are "saved." They will go to heaven. This represents a minority of those North Americans who identify themselves as Christians.

Even if a person has been saved, they will not have eternal life in heaven if they engage in certain forbidden activities without later sincerely asking for forgiveness. Of the many such forbidden behaviors that are referred to in the Bible, the only one that is commonly mentioned in church is a homosexual act.:whip:

Heaven and Hell

I agree that heaven and hell exists within the individual and their perception.

I knew two people who had near death experiences. My brother and a family friend. In my brother's case, there was an accident at his job wherein he stepped on a floor gas gauge and it blew him upward where he ascended then dropped. He said he could hear his co-workers yelling from a distance and rushing to see if he was alive. He heard them talking and saying they couldnt find a pulse. Then something happened in the middle of his forehead between his eyes. A light jetted out like a great funnel. He saw many people of varied races at the end of the funnel, each calling him and encouraging him to come into the light. It was as if he were in between two planes because he could also hear his co-workers trying to revive him. Next thing he knew he was somewhere where a number of people were riding on an up esculator. He saw he was also on it. Suddenly, he realized he died or was dying and deemed he was not ready to go. He declared "No, I am not going. I'm not going." Upon declaring this, he felt himself jerk back into his body. He saw his worried co-workers around him. Several who looked relieved and told him by all accounts they thought he had died.

The Family friend had had 5 heart attacks. The 6th heart attack found him in the hospital and then suddenly he heard what sounded like a cracking egg at the top of his head. It cracked at the soft spot that is often on the head of new borns. He immediately drifted upward and out the soft spot and found himself outside of his body looking down at his body. His body looked like a lump of clay to him. He saw the hospital staff desparately working at reviving him and watched for awhile trying to tell them not to bother. He began to suspect he had died and upon that realization, he asked the question "Am I dead, and if so, who am I?" Immediately he was no longer in the hospital but flying. He saw a tree and flew to it. He noted his body was light and seemed more like energy. He observed the tree he had flown to and as he did, he formed into a tree leaf. He felt the leafs life force. The wind blew and then he was the wind and felt its life force. He saw a rock and immediately took on the pulse and life of the rock and realized it too lived. He experienced form after form taking on its life until it came to him that all things had the same life force and that everything was connected and interconnected. Energy taking on numerous forms. "This is God," he thought. "All that is, is God." This realization felt awesome, and empowering. He said, "So, this is who I am." Once he said this he saw a tunnel and began to move through it at tremendous speed. He saw a door. Suddenly joy like nothing he had ever felt in life, encompassed him. He reached for the door and as he did, he felt something snatch him back at the top of his head. This force dragged him backward through the tunnel. He heard again the voices of the hospital staff and realized they were bringing him back and screamed "NO! No, dont." Suddenly he felt tremendous pain and a huge weight. He realized he was back in his body.

The experience changed his entire outlook on life and he was never the same again nor did he feel fear again.

So whether we exist in heaven or hell, one thing we can rely on is that there is life after death. The quality of which, I believe, is merited by our deeds in life.

I agree that heaven and hell exists within the individual and their perception.

I knew two people who had near death experiences. My brother and a family friend. In my brother's case, there was an accident at his job wherein he stepped on a floor gas gauge and it blew him upward where he ascended then dropped. He said he could hear his co-workers yelling from a distance and rushing to see if he was alive. He heard them talking and saying they couldnt find a pulse. Then something happened in the middle of his forehead between his eyes. A light jetted out like a great funnel. He saw many people of varied races at the end of the funnel, each calling him and encouraging him to come into the light. It was as if he were in between two planes because he could also hear his co-workers trying to revive him. Next thing he knew he was somewhere where a number of people were riding on an up esculator. He saw he was also on it. Suddenly, he realized he died or was dying and deemed he was not ready to go. He declared "No, I am not going. I'm not going." Upon declaring this, he felt himself jerk back into his body. He saw his worried co-workers around him. Several who looked relieved and told him by all accounts they thought he had died.

Very interesting! Thanks for sharing...

Are Heaven & Hell Real?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oBjuk1H8zg

The Biblical Heaven and Hell is an allegory.

Does the bible really teach that when a person dies physically he or she will go to a literal heaven or literal hell in the afterlife?

Why would a loving God want to send anyone to hell to be torment forever because they refused to obey the Lord demands and commandments? How can a person experience literal pain in the spirit world when the physical body is buried and decay and even sometime cremated after death?

Heaven and Hell can be a state of the mind and a living condition. What proof is there a person die physically and go to a literal heaven or literal hell in the spirit world?

There is plenty of proof that a person can be living in heaven or hell while he or she is physically alive.

Heaven can be a peaceful condition or a peace of mind and heaven can be referring to the sky. Heaven can mean living an elevated life in high places or a position of power.

Hell can be a distressful condition and it also can mean living a very sad life. Hell can mean locked up in a prison (in jail) or a mental prison.

God live in the person and the bible clearly indicated that the kingdom of God is within you.

What does Heaven and Hell means to you?

Heaven and Hell mean to me exactly what is stated they are in the Holy Doctrine; even told to us by the Holy Son. When He taught of the dangers of Hell fire, He was giving warning to the children so that by the salvation He brought, we'd be able to escape.

It is very real, and because the Father does love us and doesn't want us there, He sent His very Son for us to believe on in faith, so that hell fire wouldn't be our destination. It takes faith in the Holy Son, sent of the Father for our salvation to gain the Kingdom of Heaven, as it is given of the Father just as the Son was given for us; you can't accept one and then not the other, but must accept and believe in the Son to have them both. And the Father will be with you forevermore.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back