Black Spirituality Religion : Allegory Heaven and Hell

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by MysteryDoors, Jun 30, 2008.

1. MysteryDoors

MysteryDoors Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    The Biblical Heaven and Hell is an allegory.

Does the bible really teach that when a person dies physically he or she will go to a literal heaven or literal hell in the afterlife?

Why would a loving God want to send anyone to hell to be torment forever because they refused to obey the Lord demands and commandments? How can a person experience literal pain in the spirit world when the physical body is buried and decay and even sometime cremated after death?

Heaven and Hell can be a state of the mind and a living condition. What proof is there a person die physically and go to a literal heaven or literal hell in the spirit world?

There is plenty of proof that a person can be living in heaven or hell while he or she is physically alive.

Heaven can be a peaceful condition or a peace of mind and heaven can be referring to the sky. Heaven can mean living an elevated life in high places or a position of power.

Hell can be a distressful condition and it also can mean living a very sad life. Hell can mean locked up in a prison (in jail) or a mental prison.

God live in the person and the bible clearly indicated that the kingdom of God is within you.

What does Heaven and Hell means to you?

2. Knowledge Seed

Knowledge Seed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +551
    To me

Heaven is a mental state of unshakable inner peace. Hell is what you will go through to reach that mind state.

3. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    Wow. I had not heard it expressed like that before. Interesting!

4. ru2religious

ru2religious Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,891
    Luke 17:20-21:
    20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: 21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you

Hell the Hebrew word 'Sheol' which simply means mankind's common grave .. i.e. where you are buried at.

The whole concept of heaven is simply your higher self ... I'm not into Christianity but this is a scripture that tells it exactly how it is ... Heaven is within you ...

Your flesh is simply a house for your spirit i.e. higher self ...
    I Corinthians 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

God is your higher self ... and hell is in fact your lowest level which causes hell on earth.

5. Zulile

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    Hello, ru2religious :wave: welcome to destee!

I am not religious - have always felt the modern concepts of heaven and hell being in the clouds and down below, fire and brimstone, as madmade concepts unworthy of closer examination. That sentence above just spelled out a definition I could relate to - and so short and sweet ;)

6. Knowledge Seed

Knowledge Seed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +551
    Good points, let me expound on that. Heaven is the mind state of an individual who is God-conscious. Since "the fall of man", which started when we incarnated into our bodies, our goal has been to reattain our Godhood. This is only understood when we see ourselves as Satan(the lower self). Hell is a reference to the lowest plane of consciousness, the physical plane.

7. Each1teach1

Each1teach1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    build up the nation
    Ratings:
    +986
    This is similar to the thread i started on the subject...

http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54528

Approximately 6 years ago I came to the conclusion that hell does not exist...I got angry at the fact that the church was for so many centuries using fear tactics to control and manipulate peoples behavior away from their natural state of being. When one thinks of the concept in logical terms it really doesnt make sense. w according to the laws of energy we are all made up of matter which is basically energy, and if energy is neither created nor destroyed but simply transferred there must be an afterlife. The reports of NDEs being that of heaven or bliss far outwiegh those of hell. I personally believe that we choose where we go in the afterlife, if you believe your going to hell then thats where you will go whether it exists or not. A person makes it a reality just by thinking of it.

8. ru2religious

ru2religious Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,891
    Thank you kindly ...

I'm totally against religion, it is with idealisms such as Heaven and Hell that they use to control people based on a fear of missing heaven and landing in hell. I find that when writing on forums - people who base their life on biblical scriptures find it easier to hear whats is being said within the limits of the scriptures. Thus using the scriptures is a way I use to help people wake up to see that they've been lied to and purposely.

Peace and Love

9. Zulile

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    Well, I dont venture here much for that reason - my spirituality has no written limits ;) well - actually, I havent sincerely explored the written word outside of the modern books.. so I'm running on gut instinct alone. :lol:

I support your view, and admire your patience to learn first, in order to speak the scriptual language that will enable you to commincate and thus further educate those trapped - up and beyond.

Make yourself at home - cause you are! ;)

10. Bootzey

Bootzey Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Don't Ask
    Ratings:
    +865

Very good point.

Interesting point is that heaven and hell are New Testament ideas. I'm thinking it's the new dispensation of Paul and the Catholic/Protestant church to control it's followers by claiming that this life is temporary and what comes after is for all eternity.

I don't buy it.