Black Spirituality Religion : Free Will in Heaven?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by river, Nov 17, 2010.

1. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Can't we all just get along?

2. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace

I've yet to see or hear anyone show and prove where exactly heaven is.

I know everyone looks up to the sky, but if the earth rotates at the terriffic speed of 1,037 mph on an axis of 33 1/3 degrees then every 11 hours and 26 or 27 minutes what's up is down and vice versa.

So where exactly is heaven? I think a christian would want this question answered properly just to make sure they don't accidently go up when at certain times of the day, up is really down.....It could prove to be a "hot" day for sure!

3. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    :fyi:.somebody said it was between a black women's thighs

4. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    that someone would be Dr. Ben, hehas said that on several occasions. Which is why the alter or pulpit is placed where it is placed in the church and Masonic halls.

5. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    where is the alter or pulpit placed?

Actually Jesus said the kingdom of God is within. That means if we are not happy within there is no magical place we can go to be happy.

6. houserunner

houserunner Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,167
    What was the count on the actual amount of people over the course of the year on the planet that will actually be saved and reside in Heaven when it is all said and done (entered in the Book of Life)? 250,000 or so? I am asking truthfully since it has been a while since I had read the Bible. Anyway, I know it is extremely minuscule to the amount of people that would have grace the Earth in all its years of history. So basically since the percentage that will actually reside in the Kingdom of Heaven will be extremely small, those that will reside in Heaven will have to follow how things must be or be "programmed" not to veer in a different direction.

I may be wrong on how many will be saved, but I thought it was close to this number. If I am off, then please let me know. I am not going to lie and say I read the Bible everyday, but have read it in the past a couple of times.

7. Blaklioness

Blaklioness Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,812
    I think what is needed is to turn this thing over on its heels---to find out what's really going on. I done cursed out God/the Creator, etc. on a number of occasions and have not felt one ounce of guilt about it and will continue to remain guilt-free. I figure if the ugliness of this world can be permitted, then She/He/It can just learn to deal with it---after all, if the ugliness is permitted regardless, then what's going to happen in the face of rebellion?--Apparently nothing that hasn't already. I realize my perspective will be seen as unconventional and even heathenistic---I don't care. What may bring relief for those who might be concerned is that I don't think that this foolishness is necessarily condoned by the Creator---that much of it is about what we have allowed and tolerated, especially in allowing others to define our relationship with the Creator/ the One. When we are permissive to that extent, then they take our power--which means our TRUE freedom to make untainted, empowering, responsible choices is taken away. We need to define what IS true instead of always relying on others to define it for us. We need to put guilt in its PROPER place--that is where the true power and free will exists.

8. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    I know the bible tells us the names of those who are saved are written in the Book of Life but to my knowledge the contents of that book are unknown. At least, I've never read or even heard of an earthly coopy of this book.

In the Book of Revelation it speaks of 144,000 saved from the Earth being called to a specific task. The Jehovah's Witnesses teach that these are the only people who will be saved. Problem is they are all Israelites and all male. and all viargins. That leaves me out no matter what I choose to believe or not believe.

9. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686

Very Powerful Words Sister River ... :bowdown:

:heart:

Destee

10. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290

I have sat up in Church and heard preachers tell lies that I knew were lies. I sat there waiting for God to strike them dead but no lightening struck. No voice boomed down from heaven "HE'S LYING!" So I figured my Creator expects me to use my brain to discern the truth from the lie.