Black People : ALL BLACK TOWNS...

To one and all:

Do remember we have to place everybody and everything within a historical perspective, i. e., since attempts at us calling the shots, etc., have their roots on this side of the oceans, no matter what those ancestors etc. identified themselves as...

Also seems and sounds like we're retracting the routes our ancestors and forebears either fled from the slaveowner's contro or ahead of the KKK which came around later on...

Part of this reflects the legacy of ancestors etc. who were black indians, including the Black Seminoles of Florida, who lived in their own villages as equals, next to their Seminole Indian allies, etc., which under the leadership of black indian John Horse helped to bring about the largest number of black slave revolts in that fledgling new U. S. nation's history, i. e., during the Second Seminole/U. S. war...

Part of this reflected former black union soldiers etc., who after the betrayal of partial black rule in the south, via the alleged Hayes/Tilden compromise, fled to the western territories, i. e., established black towns in places and spaces, which were and are a part of the states of Kansas/Oklahoma/Texas/etc.

So again I strongly suggest you take a look at some things posted on the afrigenes boards...

Though there are others too...

Good luck!

Take care...

Peace...

To one and all:

Do remember we have to place everybody and everything within a historical perspective, i. e., since attempts at us calling the shots, etc., have their roots on this side of the oceans, no matter what those ancestors etc. identified themselves as...

Also seems and sounds like we're retracting the routes our ancestors and forebears either fled from the slaveowner's contro or ahead of the KKK which came around later on...

Part of this reflects the legacy of ancestors etc. who were black indians, including the Black Seminoles of Florida, who lived in their own villages as equals, next to their Seminole Indian allies, etc., which under the leadership of black indian John Horse helped to bring about the largest number of black slave revolts in that fledgling new U. S. nation's history, i. e., during the Second Seminole/U. S. war...

Part of this reflected former black union soldiers etc., who after the betrayal of partial black rule in the south, via the alleged Hayes/Tilden compromise, fled to the western territories, i. e., established black towns in places and spaces, which were and are a part of the states of Kansas/Oklahoma/Texas/etc.

So again I strongly suggest you take a look at some things posted on the afrigenes boards...

Though there are others too...

Good luck!

Take care...

Peace...

I used to post to that site a few years ago and have it linked to my blogsite.

Since you mention the Seminole i was wondering if you heard of the following.

http://www.blackpast.org/?q=aaw/creek-seminole-college-1906-1925

I used to post to that site a few years ago and have it linked to my blogsite.

Since you mention the Seminole i was wondering if you heard of the following.

http://www.blackpast.org/?q=aaw/creek-seminole-college-1906-1925

Good morning, bruh...

And, thanks for the link, man!

Yes...

I know of the history of the Black Seminoles before the removals...

But...

I wasn't and I'm not so sure, as to exactly what went on and down, once the main groups of Seminoles eventually left...

Though I also do believe the veteran researcher and scholar--Daniel Littlefield--did write something on that subject--too...

On the other hand:

My guessed at share ancestry as with indians is of those who remained:

Not those who were exiled...

Another story for another day...

Later...

Peace...

Good morning, bruh...

And, thanks for the link, man!

Yes...

I know of the history of the Black Seminoles before the removals...

But...

I wasn't and I'm not so sure, as to exactly what went on and down, once the main groups of Seminoles eventually left...

Though I also do believe the veteran researcher and scholar--Daniel Littlefield--did write something on that subject--too...

On the other hand:

My guessed at share ancestry as with indians is of those who remained:

Not those who were exiled...

Another story for another day...

Later...

Peace...

I dont get your point. Sounds rather sectarian given the that many so-called "Seminole" were related to the Creek in Alabama and many Africans who were part of the Seminole nation in Florida were NOT indigenous to Florida.

Furthermore, in the context of this thread, what "Seminole" settlements in Florida were considered ALL BLACK TOWNS?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back