Africa : Alkebulan - the real name of Africa (?)

Then, which name would you accept or use, if you had to?

That is a good question.

The Bible today, refers to Israel being captive in Egypt and then uses other names for other parts such as Simon from Cyrene and etc. But the broadest term in the ancient scriptures translated today would be 'the land of Ham'.

In the American Protestant Movement, they refer to the continent as 'Africa' so, this is what I would use, however, I absolutely understand and agree to the term KEMET. But the term ALKEBULAN is not recognized, to my knowledge, even in African governments anywhere. So, while I agree with your research based on Dr. Ben and Dr. Nana from Ghana, I feel that this term needs to be acknowledge by Black AFrican government first. And because of the Arabic nature of its transliteration, I don't think that it will ever be widely accepted by Black AFrican leaders though. I believe they would accept the root terms though such as 'Kebu-lan' but not 'Al-kebulan', imo.

That is a good question.
In the American Protestant Movement, they refer to the continent as 'Africa' so, this is what I would use...

No, the question was this, which indigenous name would you accept or use, if you had to; since no one name of the many cited, was the designated name for all the continent.

No, the question was this, which indigenous name would you accept or use, if you had to; since no one name of the many cited, was the designated name for all the continent.

Again, based upon the Protestant Movement here, in America, and the Holy Bible, I agree with Jesus and the Holy Bible in that we should respect this GOVERNMENT and the word that is used and DESIGNATED for all the continent would be AFRICA.

I understand your question about 'indigenous name' but based upon, even the quotes you provided, there is none; other than the term ALKEBULAN of which, again by your own references, was used very late in time and connected to at least the 'White Arabs'. So I refer to the Bible and the GOSPEL in how we are to respect the government and therefore like the Creator even got on MOses about having to channel through the pharaoh, we should make our appeals through the system that God will check and judge one day, while we do our research. For instance, I appreciate Thurgood Marshall in how he caused this government to accept the term 'AFRICAN AMERICAN' as opposed to earlier terms when referring to the people of 'African descent' instead of calling us names such as 'Coloreds' or 'Negroes' and etc. But, I personally do NOT have a problem with Black, Colored, Negroe, Negress or etc. however, in the past some of these terms were defined as being derogatory at the time. I still use some terms in my research though. Therefore, again regarding the term 'ALKEBULAN' I don't see yet, where the leaders in the continent of Africa are using this term and I believe that is important in how we should regard this term. I believe that some of the Black African leaders in certain countries will never use that term because it is transliterated as being 'White Arabic' transliteration.

I don't know of any 'ONE NAME FOR ALL OF AFRICA' in ancient scripts but the closest term would be, imo, THE LAND OF HAM or KEMET, I suppose.

Thank you... btw, have you written your book(s) yet?

...I don't know of any 'ONE NAME FOR ALL OF AFRICA' in ancient scripts but the closest term would be, imo, THE LAND OF HAM or KEMET, I suppose.
Again, based upon the Protestant Movement here, in America, and the Holy Bible, I agree with Jesus and the Holy Bible in that we should respect this GOVERNMENT and the word that is used and DESIGNATED for all the continent would be AFRICA.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back