Black People : African Focused and Black Cultural Quizz

Q. What was the name of the kingdom Nzinga ruled, when and where?

Ans. the kingdoms of both Ndongo and Matamba. She ruled them in during the 17th century. In present-day Angola.

Q. What was the main ethnicity the Africans of the Stono Rebellion were? When did the Stono Rebellion occur and where?

Ans. the main ethnicity were Angolan and Bakongo, primarily from Kongo, Ngola, Mbundu and Chokwe. It happened in 1739 South Carolina - when the colony was called a "Black Majority".

Q. What is a dibia?

Ans. A dibia is a priest among the Igbo people. A good work about them is called, "After God is Dibia".

Q. What group separated from the KwaZulu in recent historic times?

Ans. Ndebele people

Q. What is a rabb?

Ans. A rabb is a spirit class among the Lebou people of Senegal.

Q. Sarkin Ajani is what?

Ans. Sarkin Ajani or Sarkin Aljan is a spirit among the traditional Hausa people.

Q. What were the names of the seven Hausa states?

Ans. Daura, Kano, Katsina, Zaria, Gobir, Rano and Biram.

Q. Nana Tongo is a member of this ethnic group's panthenon?

Ans. The Ewe and mainly the system called Gorovodoun.

Q. What were the names of the Bambara states?

Ans. Segu and Kaarta

Q. What region did the Empire of Mali begin?

Ans. Kangaba

Tuhwi

Excellent, excellent thread brotha. Keep up the great work

Sekhemu: Olorisa omo Ogun

Ire ogun

Brotha, I wouldn't worry about it. I wasn't heard in the Black Indian thread. I am pretty sure that I won't be heard now.

That's why I posted the link to the movie "The Business of FancyDancing".

The movie does our conversation. . .in the distinct American Indian style.

1. What is or is not African?
1a. What is or is not American Indian?

2. Do you have to be a traditionalist to be an African?
2a. Do you have to be a traditionalist to be an American Indian?

3. What are the day to day experiences of plain ordinary African people?
3a. What are the day to day experiences of plain ordinary American Indians?

The parallels don't work in this forum for some reason. Being an African is tied to the past. . .well. . .undoubtly, but it also tied to the present and to the future.

The conversation never starts because we have looked at things Eurocentrically. We believe that culture starts with traditions and history but not with the people who created the specific traditions and lived the specific history.

All of this is neither here nor there, in order to have a conversation, folks have to be willing to understand an opposing viewpoint. I thought I was being understood, but that lasted one for one post and one post only,
What does all this American Indian stuff have to do with this thread? Shouldn't that be on the Black Indians thread? (Please keep your response to a paragraph[5 sentences] or less)

Q. Who was the first president of Ghana?

Q. What was the name of the independent state the Igbo people attempted to establish in post-colonial Nigeria?

Q. Who was Richard Allen?

Q. By what name, during the Trans-Atlantic slave trade, was present-day Sierra Leone known as?

Q. What were the main crops cultivated in US under slave labor?

Q. What were the Code Noir?

Q. Where are the Sea Islands located and what is the name of the Black population inhabiting them?

Q. How did Ibo Landing receive it's name?

Q. At what port, did the last reported slaveship in the US dock?

Q. Who established the Peul (Hal'pulaar) kingdom of Macina?

Q. What was the Sokoto Caliphate?

Q. What king is Sunjata Keita famous for desposing?

Q. What is the name of the Fon counterpart to the Yoruba Sango?

Q. What language does the word "jazz" derive from?

Q. What is the kora?

Q. Dada, the spider, comes from what group's cosmology?

Thanks to everyone who has taken the quizz.... More to come... if you are enjoying this exercise...

Tuhwi

Sis A. made a fairly good attempt to answer the questions in this segment. I will provide the answers. Others feel free to add on.

A1. Kwame Nkrumah

A2. Biafra

A3. He was the founder of the AME church.

A4. Rice Coast

A5. Cotton, tobacco, indigo, rice

A6. The Black Codes which were used to regulate Black folks in French controlled territories.

A7. Off the coast of South Carolina and Georgia. The Black population is known as the Gullah.

A8. Due to the Igbo captives who committed "suicide" by walking back in the ocean. Some say the Igbo captives transformed themselves into "black birds" and flew back home.

A9. Cheikhou Amadou

A10. A Islamic theocracy in northern Nigeria established in the early 1800's by Usman dan Fodio.

A11. Sumanguru Kanté

A12. Heviosso

A13. Kikongo

A14. A stringed instrument among the Mande people

A15. Dogon

Tuhwi

Q. Where are the Sea Islands located and what is the name of the Black population inhabiting them?

Q. How did Ibo Landing receive it's name?

[ame="http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?p=594691"]dotDefender Blocked Your Request[/ame]

[ame="http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59690"]dotDefender Blocked Your Request[/ame]

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back