Black Poetry : A TRIP TO THA CORNER STO.....A JOG DOWN MEMORY LANE

LOL......ummm hmmm. Those licorice jumpropes, orange now&laters,mambas, ring-pops, over priced capri-suns and twinkies, pixi-stixIcetickles, pez with goofy that always popped out, and you ate them all in one bite. And when you was broke, you'd settle for some sweet-tarts, or them bite-sized left over Halloween chocolates. Man those generic toys that cost 3 times as much as a toy at a regular toy store! That corner sto' had everything.

a trip...

i too remember back in the day,when yessir and yesma'm to all grownups we kids had to say,respect was the word and you were gonna obey it or there was a price and mama made sure that you would pay it,one tv in the house that was it and if you got smart you wouldn't be sittin in front of it,spendin money was somethin that you earned by washin dishes and takin out the trash,we learned early the value of spendin cash,there were clothes for school and for play and if you ignored it your bottom would be stingin the next day,the food was better and so was the fun,when i compare that era to this,i was always the lucky one.

Talk about bringin' back some memories. Ya'll just about covered all my favorite candies... Remember them $100,000 dollar bars? I remember just knowing I would go to jail if I looked at one too long let alone pick one up.
You crazy??? They cost $100,000!!! what? oh... 39cents? lol
"Food Corner" huh? Ringin' a gang of bells...
Thanks for the trip back in time Spicey.
One love

Skrybby-Skrybble7

skrybble7 said:
Talk about bringin' back some memories. Ya'll just about covered all my favorite candies... Remember them $100,000 dollar bars? I remember just knowing I would go to jail if I looked at one too long let alone pick one up.
You crazy??? They cost $100,000!!! what? oh... 39cents? lol
"Food Corner" huh? Ringin' a gang of bells...
Thanks for the trip back in time Spicey.
One love

LOL...Jeah Fa-sho...........:coffee:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back