Black People : 55 year old white man

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm all for ideas, Urex, but I suspect for some on this forum the fact that you're white precludes them from "hearing" anything you "say." And yes, fair or not, it IS a little bit about you. A white person volunteering his (her?) opinion about race relations at a black-oriented website invites raised eyebrows. I'm a male, and if I visited a female-oriented site and started offering my ideas--or even asking questions--about giving birth I'm going to raise some eyebrows, especially if I start offering my opinion on better ways to give birth. What say you to this?

My problem with him was not his color, but his actions. His actions showed that he was not really willing to discuss the issues, but was more interested in telling people that their views were incorrect. He refused to acknowledge questions asked of him that were not based on his view of how the world works. He was also very condescending in his remarks towards not only those he disagreed with, but also the one person he said he has grown an affection for.

Please speak on your own self as you are not able to speak on Members of this forum.

Everyone is free to speak for their own self if they want their thoughts or positions put on the table.

What you suspect of us ... please ... don't me krazee ... and i'm real close to it.

:heart:

Destee
I think I got the first two lines but I don't understand the third one. Please clarify. Thanks.

My problem with him was not his color, but his actions. His actions showed that he was not really willing to discuss the issues, but was more interested in telling people that their views were incorrect. He refused to acknowledge questions asked of him that were not based on his view of how the world works. He was also very condescending in his remarks towards not only those he disagreed with, but also the one person he said he has grown an affection for.
I found the exchange quite interesting and meaningful. If being a bit condescending and believing one's opinion is right while opinions contrary are wrong was worthy of being expelled, several of us would have been given the gate a while back. As far as being condescending to me, the person for whom our former member expressed some "affection"...I've read far worse on this forum directed at me from other members. It's no big deal. I don't take these discussions too seriously or personally.

Sorry to see you go, Urex my brother (or sister). I salute you.

I think I got the first two lines but I don't understand the third one. Please clarify. Thanks.

Sorry to see you go, Urex my brother (or sister). I salute you.

I can show you better than I can tell you.

You don't have to be sorry to see them go, you can go with them.

:heart:

Destee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back