Black People : 55 year old white man

Status
Not open for further replies.
PS....Since I wrote this, I read several of the more popular threads. They are too silly to respond to. Would you be kind enough to point me in the direction of intelligent interaction?

Let me just help you leave here, since our stuff is too silly for you to respond to.

:heart:

Destee

Please do not make this about me. This is not about me. I have developed an affection for you KMeister but please know that what this thread presents is ideas

Whether or not people embrace them is their prerogative.

Don't assume that I am not familiar with the ideas and thoughts presented here.

I suppose I could interact with other threads if that is what you are asking, but it is not the reason for this thread.
I'm all for ideas, Urex, but I suspect for some on this forum the fact that you're white precludes them from "hearing" anything you "say." And yes, fair or not, it IS a little bit about you. A white person volunteering his (her?) opinion about race relations at a black-oriented website invites raised eyebrows. I'm a male, and if I visited a female-oriented site and started offering my ideas--or even asking questions--about giving birth I'm going to raise some eyebrows, especially if I start offering my opinion on better ways to give birth. What say you to this?

Back to your original point: The claim that preoccupation with physical attributes does a disservice to our human nature is true in theory, but more difficult in the real world, especially if one is frequently judged negatively by others because of that attribute. Eventually this situation can or does lead to disliking oneself because of that attribute or resenting others because one perceives s/he is being unfairly judged negatively due to that attribute. And let's not forget in some cases that perceived unfair judgment by others is real. This "preoccupation," as you call it, is based on significant historical and contemporary experiences. What say you to this?

You have developed an affection for me? Aw shucks, Uerex...

I'm all for ideas, Urex, but I suspect for some on this forum the fact that you're white precludes them from "hearing" anything you "say."

Please speak on your own self as you are not able to speak on Members of this forum.

Everyone is free to speak for their own self if they want their thoughts or positions put on the table.

What you suspect of us ... please ... don't me krazee ... and i'm real close to it.

Destee

You really need to think about what you are saying before you say it.

How is it possible for an individual to control a situation that he/she has zero control over?

What you say and what so many others have said simply substantiate my OP.

This thread is about humanity; what we share rather than what we don't share. What we share is so much more profound and substantive compared to the relatively insignificant physical things that we don't share.

The assumptions made by people who are preoccupied with anything physical may or may not have anything to do with reality. People who are not preoccupied with same, are free to explore life and take from it everything it has to offer.

Your insistence on using your definitions of color, after we have repeatedly told you they don't apply

Please speak on your own self as you are not able to speak on Members of this forum.

Everyone is free to speak for their own self if they want their thoughts or positions put on the table.

What you suspect of us ... please ... don't me krazee ... and i'm real close to it.

Destee

:10500: Awe why'd you put him out. I was just about to come in and give him what for. smdh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back