Black People : 12 year-old boy with toy gun shot and killed by white cop

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by KPITRL, Nov 29, 2014.

1. KPITRL

KPITRL Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +384
    This may be late news to some, but I thought I'd go ahead and mention this here because it's so heinous, and this could have been me and many others back when they were children playing outside with toy guns. It's a about the 12 year-old black kid in Cleveland shot and killed for playing around outside with a toy gun that looked real. I admit he needed to be taught a lesson for pointing it at the stranger who walked by, but this isn't the way you approach it. When I heard the cop reporting that he didn't follow orders when told to drop the gun, that alone sounded suspect, plus he double spoke...hear the report when you get a chance. Then what idiot goes on tv saying it's ok to kill a 12 year-old for not following orders...coming from a police at that? Have people gone sick! The next thing went through my mind was, anyone whether you raised kids or not, should know a 12 year-old doesn't follow orders the way an adult does, especially a surprised frightened 12 year-old, which seem to be the case here. Just reading the story and once being a 12 year-old kid myself, I automatically knew that the kid was probably trying to show them it was a toy or he was about to drop it. That's if they said anything to him at all. So what sense does it make to shoot a kid for not dropping a weapon, after he reached in his waist band so he could retrieve it and drop it as told. That story and the video of the incident I attached below doesn't add up one bit.

When I was about that age, I had the star-trek toy gun. But the cop told me not to play with it outside anymore, and that was the end. When you're that age, you think that just because a store could legally sell a kid a toy gun, you tend to think that if anybody would know it was a toy, a cop would automatically know. When I saw this video, they practically did a drive-by on this kid. People say the cops shot the kid less than 2 seconds after they got there, and that's what it looks like. I don't see much time to give an order or follow an order.

They say the person who called said the gun looked fake. When asked the guys race, they said black, however the dispatcher only reported it to the police as a black male with a gun. Still no excuse for the shooting. The cops should have at least realized it was a kid when they got there. But they really didn't care at the time. They just knew he was black. That's what I believe. The idiot cop even called it in as a 20 year-old after he shot him down beause he knew how cowardly he would have sounded if he called in that he shot a 12 year-old kid, or a kid who looked about 12. That whole approach was wrong. Here's the story and the video.

http://nypost.com/2014/11/27/cops-release-video-of-officer-fatally-shooting-12-year-old/

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Fine1952

Fine1952 Happy Winter Solstice MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,775
    It's alright ---as far as posting about late news.

Eye listened to the 911 call ---and of course it was a white woman calling the police to alert them to the fact that someone was waving a gun around. Personally, eye would have preferred to hear that the young man was waving around a book. But a BB gun?

And really it wasn't that he was creating danger, the key is that he was being watched, which brought the police to the scene of the crime they committed in the first, second and third place.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • True True x 1
    • List