Sister's Only Chat : Your Thoughts Please

Destee,

I still wholeheartedly support the decision you made in this case. I'm pretty sure "ramonathompson" was aware of what she was doing by bringing her "work" in here. No "SINCERE" person would need to represent that way. It's sort of like flying in the face of sisters and saying, "Yeah....I'm superior to you and can come in your house and take your man, and you can't do anything about it!" If we don't make a stance about that foolishness and defend our dignity, then noone will....the cycle just continues. Honestly, if it had been me, I would have deleted EVERY post....every darn one. You have no reason to regret protecting "us"--no reason.

omowalejabali said:
Brother $$RICH$$ is a moderator and referred to the piece as "a nice drop".

Yes, Brother $$RICH$$ did just as he should have, considering we've never had a situation exactly like this one before. Not all Moderators (or Members) are going to be moved in the same way regarding situations. That's why we have a diverse Team of Moderators, which is hopefully representative of our diverse community, attempting to consider all things. Now that it's happened this time, an example is here for us (and all Mods) to use in the future.

omowalejabali said:
I can understand the sentiment expressed here so far but how did it violate the written rules of Destee.com?

Rule #1 includes the following: If in our opinion, you are being disrespectful, it will be dealt with accordingly, up to and including being banned.

omowalejabali said:
Was the person warned first prior to banishment?

No, they weren't, but no Member is promised that. They aren't the first or last that will be banned in this manner.

omowalejabali said:
I don't know. When I think of folks being banned it kinda reminds me of south africa under apartheid.

Just my thoughts...

Thanks Brother O ... your thoughts are appreciated.

:heart:

Destee

Blaklioness said:
Destee,

I still wholeheartedly support the decision you made in this case. I'm pretty sure "ramonathompson" was aware of what she was doing by bringing her "work" in here. No "SINCERE" person would need to represent that way. It's sort of like flying in the face of sisters and saying, "Yeah....I'm superior to you and can come in your house and take your man, and you can't do anything about it!" If we don't make a stance about that foolishness and defend our dignity, then noone will....the cycle just continues. Honestly, if it had been me, I would have deleted EVERY post....every darn one. You have no reason to regret protecting "us"--no reason.

Thank You Sister Blak ... your support is much appreciated ! :love:

Destee

Destee said:
Yes, Brother $$RICH$$ did just as he should have, considering we've never had a situation exactly like this one before. Not all Moderators (or Members) are going to be moved in the same way regarding situations. That's why we have a diverse Team of Moderators, which is hopefully representative of our diverse community, attempting to consider all things. Now that it's happened this time, an example is here for us (and all Mods) to use in the future.

Rule #1 includes the following: If in our opinion, you are being disrespectful, it will be dealt with accordingly, up to and including being banned.

No, they weren't, but no Member is promised that. They aren't the first or last that will be banned in this manner.

Thanks Brother O ... your thoughts are appreciated.

Destee

Thanks for the explanation. After going back through the rules I realized that this person did break at least one rule by posting a link in a poetry thread to her own site.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back