Black Women : Sister's, What are your thoughts?

I havent any ideal where all who has applied to this lives, however, where I live Blacks are paid the same as Whites. As the H.R.D. for a large Corporation, not only do I do the hiring and firing, I also do the bi-monthly payroll.And yes, the percentage,of the workforce where I work is equal between Blacks, Whites, and Women. I see this with my own eyes.I believe where you live has an input on your wages. Just a thought.

panafrica said:
I know this is a topic for the sisters, and I don't want to overstep my bounds. However while it has been long documented that white men earn more than white women ($.75 on the dollar), I don't think this pattern holds true for black people. I may be wrong on this, but I know a considerable number of black women earning more than black men. This even holds true for college educated black men.

You might be right about those statistics. To be honest I don't know for sure. but I do know that black women pose no threat to white men in corporate america. But that's another topic.

gempis said:
I wonder what kinds of jobs you are referring to when you make this statement? Because unlike 100 years ago when this was a country of physical labor jobs, the majority of jobs now involve sitting at a desk at a computer all day - one of the reasons for the rise in obesity. How could a man be exerting more effort at the keyboard than a woman?

Most of what you say at the end of your comment is true, but I think alot of what purplemoons is refering to applies to blue collar jobs and menial labor. This has been my observation as well. Not saying it's right, but I do see it.

the question..."do you have a problem with men being paid more than women..yes/no and why?"

I have no problem if he is deserving of it, regarding his position...but i also have no problem with women being paid more than men for the same reason..

I don't want to get caught up in "our royalty status, etc..) just inthe concept of work...If we were doing the same job we should be paid equally...if you think about it...during slavery...both men and women worked in the fields...and both received nothing... except humiliation, whippings and rape.

statistically corporate /blue collar too white males...make more monies than anybody else...(yes their are exceptions) but in general...they are the controllers...(look at our president)

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back