destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings Family,

Any Member breaking our rules, will consistently be subject to what ever we give, determined only by The Moderating TEAM.

I know some of you want more than that, to have consistency beyond that point, way down into the particulars of each situation as you see it. I cannot give you that, there are too many of you, seeing too many different things, with too many different disruptive situations we have to deal with ... it's just too much ... an impossible task in my opinion, satisfying each and every one of you regarding the decisions we make ... and so I need to let you know right now, you will not be getting that.

Once a Member ventures off into this area, of disrespecting our very reason for being, they are not getting more, they will be getting less. As little as possible. The energy required to satisfy every Member, at this level, is way more energy than any disruption deserves. They willingly went where they should not be, and will receive less ... and in this case ... less includes the help of the Family, the Family's opinion, Moderators explaining the decision to the Family, time spent going back and forth over it ... no ... violators won't be getting all of that.

If you want to help a Member, stop them before we have to say something, because once we are in it, everyone else is out (except the violator).

At this point, it is our decision, and our decision alone, what happens next. We will be consistent about this.

While that is our level of consistency promised to you all, at this end of the spectrum, where disrespect, disruption, and all manners of self-hate exist ... there is the other end of the spectrum as well ... where we have consistently delivered an atmosphere blanketed in peace, respect, substantive dialogue, growth, relaxation, joy, and laughter, for 12 years. Talk about consistency! Look on the positive end of the spectrum! We shine, and will continue to do so, by any means necessary.

Another aspect of this challenge, maintaining our peace, is maintaining the love, joy, fun, sanity, Spirit, and desire of those who work with me, managing this community. You all just don't know, the strain it puts on them, having to stand in the middle of your fights ... or read your complaints about he said she said stuff ... or take in their Spirit, the desire to look at every disruption, and find a peaceful end ... every time they want to do this ... but there are so many more of you all than us ... and it can absolutely overwhelm a being.

To you, your situation is just one, you only see it, but they have to see / absorb them all. It's too much for them. You (the collective) can kill the Spirit of the very ones you have respect for, I've seen you do it ... but I can't let you keep doing it. It's one thing for yall to beat me up, have me krazee, but to do it to those who have lent their whole being to help me with my dream ... to let you do it to them ... I can't. I have a great obligation to them as well ... to give them a community that is manageable ... to not let this place, the place they love, drain them ... make them sick ... that is what moderating in this community can do to one ... sick of dealing with grown men and women, who act like children ... then want to say ... you didn't spank him as many times as you spanked me?! Just another glimpse from my perspective, an additional consideration I must balance, for there are often many ... that you are not aware of.

When managing a community with so many different personalities, energies, peculiar, and particular circumstances surrounding each disruption, the decisions we make will never appear consistent to those on the outside looking in. They just never will, for there are often many variables taken into consideration, that only the Moderating TEAM is aware of. Add to this the human factor of those that must manage this 24/7 operation with all these different people and energies within, you're guaranteed to have outcomes that don't look just like every outcome before it. In fact, you will never see the exact same factors at play, in any disruptions. It just doesn't happen like that, where everything is the same. I wish it did, it would make it so much easier for the Moderating TEAM, but that is not how it works.

I have been managing this community all of its life, and if there was a way to insure delivering the same end, to each violation, I'd put it on automatic ... but there is no automatic ... no way to deliver what others seem to think is easy to do. Especially with us, our people, oh my gosh ... we are not an easy people ... it is very challenging to address all of the negative, crab in the barrel, you hit me first, childishness presented from grown men and women, while trying to stay true to our mission. This already difficult task is made all the more so, when the standards are as high as we have them, insisting on peace, respect, etc. I don't know if it looks easy on the outside, to those who have never had such a responsibility, but it is not easy. I think if it were easy, we would see a whole lot more positive, uplifting, wholesome, troll free, attack free, places on the Internet dedicated to us ... but they are few and far between. Most places we are found in great number, are overrun with every negative energy known to man, with us oftentimes being the bearer of it all.

It has become so challenging, maintaining our peace, that I've had to take some very strong positions, i.e., our new higher standards. Primarily, our higher standards require that every adult come in with the ability to interact in an adult, responsible, and respectful manner. If they can't do that, they will get what ever we give. That is where the consistency will be. The onus will be on the violator, not the Moderating TEAM. So again, help them avoid this end, by encouraging them not to violate ... for once they do ... you all will simply have to trust that we're doing our best. Trust, that if we could get this community from day one to day 4000+, we can go a little further, consistently staying true to our mission.

We cannot maintain our peace, while Members willfully violate, and consequences be issued based on every other Member's satisfaction.

It is not possible.

While this new rule says stay out of the way when we are moderating, a way is provided to voice your concerns by starting a new thread.

There is absolutely no reason that I or any of the Moderating TEAM, should have to babysit, labor with, coax and/or coddle grown men and women into respecting each other. It should not be, but it is. Okay, we have to deal with that, fine. My position right now, on dealing with that, is if grown men and women are going to give us childish behavior to deal with, intentionally, then they will get what ever we give. That is where the consistency will be. I've grown to this new place, after years of begging folk to do right, and I'm excited to have been given something new to try. I look forward to implementing our new and higher standards, every chance I get, so please don't violate our rules ... unless you want what ever we give.

One more time ... for consistency's sake ... here is the consistency we promise all violators:

Any Member breaking our rules, will consistently be subject to what ever we give, determined only by The Moderating TEAM.

If you have any questions, just ask.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

just say it like that! you go! <snapsnap>

:flowers: allow me to say, SisterQueenThugMommaDestee, that i'm Loving the New Strength that grew out of all that. :bowdown:

Welcome Home!

lol Brother anAfrican ... i love you ... and thanks for posting to this on April 3, 2010 ... so i could respond on December 3, 2011 ... :)

looks like i'm gett'n better at respond'n in a more timely manner ... :grouphug:

Destee

Chuck: It is good for one and all that you have repeated what your policies and practices are being based on...

FYI...

Peace and Blessings Family,

I know some of you want more than that, to have consistency beyond that point, way down into the particulars of each situation as you see it. I cannot give you that, there are too many of you, seeing too many different things, with too many different disruptive situations we have to deal with ... it's just too much ... an impossible task in my opinion, satisfying each and every one of you regarding the decisions we make ... and so I need to let you know right now, you will not be getting that.

Once a Member ventures off into this area, of disrespecting our very reason for being, they are not getting more, they will be getting less. As little as possible. The energy required to satisfy every Member, at this level, is way more energy than any violator deserves. They willingly went where they should not be, and will receive less ... and in this case ... less includes the help of the Family, the Family's opinion, Moderators explaining the decision to the Family, time spent going back and forth over it ... no ... violators won't be getting all of that.

If you want to help a Member, stop them before we have to say something, because once we are in it, everyone else is out (except the violator).

At this point, it is our decision, and our decision alone, what happens next. We will be consistent about this.

While that is our level of consistency promised to you all, at this end of the spectrum, where disrespect, disruption, and all manners of self-hate exist ... there is the other end of the spectrum as well ... where we have consistently delivered an atmosphere blanketed in peace, respect, substantive dialogue, growth, relaxation, joy, and laughter, for 12 years. Talk about consistency! Look on the positive end of the spectrum! We shine, and will continue to do so, by any means necessary.

Another aspect of this challenge, maintaining our peace, is maintaining the love, joy, fun, sanity, Spirit, and desire of those who work with me, managing this community. You all just don't know, the strain it puts on them, having to stand in the middle of your fights ... or read your complaints about he said she said stuff ... or take in their Spirit, the desire to look at every disruption, and find a peaceful end ... every time they want to do this ... but there are so many more of you all than us ... and it can absolutely overwhelm a being.

To you, your situation is just one, you only see it, but they have to see / absorb them all. It's too much for them. You (the collective) can kill the Spirit of the very ones you have respect for, I've seen you do it ... but I can't let you keep doing it. It's one thing for yall to beat me up, have me krazee, but to do it to those who have lent their whole being to help me with my dream ... to let you do it to them ... I can't. I have a great obligation to them as well ... to give them a community that is manageable ... to not let this place, the place they love, drain them ... make them sick ... that is what moderating in this community can do to one ... sick of dealing with grown men and women, who act like children ... then want to say ... you didn't spank him as many times as you spanked me?! Just another glimpse from my perspective, an additional consideration I must balance, for there are often many ... that you are not aware of.

When managing a community with so many different personalities, energies, peculiar, and particular circumstances surrounding each disruption, the decisions we make will never appear consistent to those on the outside looking in. They just never will, for there are often many variables taken into consideration, that only the Moderating TEAM is aware of. Add to this the human factor of those that must manage this 24/7 operation with all these different people and energies within, you're guaranteed to have outcomes that don't look just like every outcome before it. In fact, you will never see the exact same factors at play, in any disruptions. It just doesn't happen like that, where everything is the same. I wish it did, it would make it so much easier for the Moderating TEAM, but that is not how it works.

I have been managing this community all of its life, and if there was a way to insure delivering the same end, to each violation, I'd put it on automatic ... but there is no automatic ... no way to deliver what others seem to think is easy to do. Especially with us, our people, oh my gosh ... we are not an easy people ... it is very challenging to address all of the negative, crab in the barrel, you hit me first, childishness presented from grown men and women, while trying to stay true to our mission. This already difficult task is made all the more so, when the standards are as high as we have them, insisting on peace, respect, etc. I don't know if it looks easy on the outside, to those who have never had such a responsibility, but it is not easy. I think if it were easy, we would see a whole lot more positive, uplifting, wholesome, troll free, attack free, places on the Internet dedicated to us ... but they are few and far between. Most places we are found in great number, are overrun with every negative energy known to man, with us oftentimes being the bearer of it all.

It has become so challenging, maintaining our peace, that I've had to take some very strong positions, i.e., our new higher standards. Primarily, our higher standards require that every adult come in with the ability to interact in an adult, responsible, and respectful manner. If they can't do that, they will get what ever we give. That is where the consistency will be. The onus will be on the violator, not the Moderating TEAM. So again, help them avoid this end, by encouraging them not to violate ... for once they do ... you all will simply have to trust that we're doing our best. Trust, that if we could get this community from day one to day 4000+, we can go a little further, consistently staying true to our mission.

We cannot maintain our peace, while Members willfully violate, and consequences be issued based on every other Member's satisfaction.

It is not possible.

While this new rule says stay out of the way when we are moderating, a way is provided to voice your concerns by starting a new thread.

There is absolutely no reason that I or any of the Moderating TEAM, should have to babysit, labor with, coax and/or coddle grown men and women into respecting each other. It should not be, but it is. Okay, we have to deal with that, fine. My position right now, on dealing with that, is if grown men and women are going to give us childish behavior to deal with, intentionally, then they will get what ever we give. That is where the consistency will be. I've grown to this new place, after years of begging folk to do right, and I'm excited to have been given something new to try. I look forward to implementing our new and higher standards, every chance I get, so please don't violate our rules ... unless you want what ever we give.

One more time ... for consistency's sake ... here is the consistency we promise all violators:

If you have any questions, just ask.

Love You!

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back