Black Spirituality Religion : Why do Black people follow Christianity?

I'm genuinely curious as to why Black people follow Christianity. It is generally understood here that Whites have mistreated Africans all over the world. But if that's the case, why do Blacks center their lives so heavily around Christianity, which is obviously a "White" religion? By White, I mean that it would've never been introduced to Africans had it not been for slavery. Does this make slavery acceptable, if only to introduce millions more people to Christianity?

Also, Christianity was used by Whites to discriminate against people of other races and cultures. Missionaries were sent to civilize the "savages" of Africa. Yet for all the complaints about the racism of Whites, do you think that the basis for that discrimination is in Christianity? Do you think you would discriminate against Muslims or Gays if you weren't Christian? Also, why do you think God chose Whites and not Blacks to spread Christianity?

So there's the problem. If you accept the bible, you also have to be somewhat accepting of slavery and the White mistreatment of blacks, for without it some of you might never have heard of Christianity. Furthermore, you also reject a large amount of African culture, which Christianity deems barbaric and uncivilized.

I'm curious as to how people respond.

All black people who follow after the Holy Son do so because he is salvation, our Savior and King. It would have never been introduced? That's a very bold statement since all the faithful will be called no matter what situation they are in.

Just because there are people who seek to use misinterpretations of the Holy Doctrine to further their selfish cause does not make the Doctrine invalid nor owned by these people.

The Father in heaven didn't choose just one people, but many to spread His Word and goodly news, from all races for all races.

What is accepting of slavery? I accept that slavery is something real of this world, but I would rather the freedom of my brothers and sisters, not their bondage in this earth. There are many customs and traditions of men, from many backgrounds and cultures(not just African) that I reject because I have a better understanding.

Many reject the Scriptures because they believe it puts them down in one manner or another, but for truth, it only reveals the truth of men that were, are, and will soon come. It is meant to uplift the believer because it shares the promises of the Father from on High and the hope of the Holy Son at His right Hand. There are moments of feeling down, repentant for the sin one has committed, but that's far from the final reward of the faithful as is promised. One should not reject the faith based on what white people of this land have done to you because you're now basing your beliefs solely on what's believed to be opposing them rather than what is actually sought for truth.

Also, it should be remembered, the Holy Son said that not all calling him Lord would be accepted in the Kingdom of Heaven; so just because many have used the Scriptures to justify their own actions, doesn't mean the Holy Son will justify them to the Father; so why associate the truth with belonging to man just because he carries the book that holds it? It doesn't belong to men, but comes of the Father, shared with us through the Holy Anointed Son.

Maybe history can give an answer, unclouded by love/hate, belief or dogma;
Turner had "natural intelligence and quickness of apprehension, surpassed by few."[7] He learned to read and write at a young age. Deeply religious, Nat was often seen fasting, praying, or immersed in reading the stories of the Bible.[8] He frequently experienced visions which he interpreted as messages from God. These visions greatly influenced his life; for instance, when Turner was 22 years old, he ran away from his owner, but returned a month later after having such a vision. Turner often conducted Baptist services, preaching the Bible to his fellow slaves, who dubbed him "The Prophet". From wikipedia Nat Turner

Turner was convinced that he "was ordained for some great purpose in the hands of the Almighty."[10][11] While working in his owner's fields on May 12, Turner "heard a loud noise in the heavens, and the Spirit instantly appeared to me and said the Serpent was loosened, and Christ had laid down the yoke he had borne for the sins of men, and that I should take it on and fight against the Serpent, for the time was fast approaching when the first should be last and the last should be first."[12] Turner was convinced that God had given him the task of "slay[ing] my enemies with their own weapons."[12] Turner said, "I communicated the great work laid out for me to do, to four in whom I had the greatest confidence"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nat_Turner

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back