Black Spirituality Religion : Why Do Black Americans Put So Much Faith In Christianity?

I have heard a few people say that christianity is an Afrikan religion. I am curious, how did anyone come to that conclusion? If you are referring to the northeast part of the continent i.e. Egypt, Ethiopia, etc I can see a probability. If you are talking about sub-Saharan Afrika, I would love to know the source of such information.
IMHO if one ascribes to the theory that all humans initially grew out from Africa then it almost stands to reason the ROOTS of Christianity (as well as the roots of all other religions) come from the same place.
Think of it like the game of six degrees of separation; has the root been grafted, twisted and bend through various generations for this reason or that? undoubtedly yes and still is today. But the root is still there..........perhaps only six degrees away.

Everything.........every human has started in Africa

I have heard a few people say that christianity is an Afrikan religion.
Yes...more controversial some scholars claim The Middle East (political term) and in particular Palestine/Israel as being on the Continental African Tectonic Plate (geologically) thereby making (historical) Israel African.

I am curious, how did anyone come to that conclusion?
Most of the early Christian Fathers were African

The Forgotten African History of Christianity (Dr. Trevor O'Reggio)

If you are referring to the northeast part of the continent i.e. Egypt, Ethiopia, etc I can see a probability.
True...Ideas often travel faster and further than people do

If you are talking about sub-Saharan Afrika, I would love to know the source of such information.
Was unable to find the source of the Information as i know a scholar did a very good youtube to that effect
But the source of their Christianity is as shown above neither am I deny colonialism input.

IMHO if one ascribes to the theory that all humans initially grew out from Africa then it almost stands to reason the ROOTS of Christianity (as well as the roots of all other religions) come from the same place.
Think of it like the game of six degrees of separation; has the root been grafted, twisted and bend through various generations for this reason or that? undoubtedly yes and still is today. But the root is still there..........perhaps only six degrees away.

Everything.........every human has started in Africa
True.....Humanity is AFRICAN

Yes...more controversial some scholars claim The Middle East (political term) and in particular Palestine/Israel as being on the Continental African Tectonic Plate (geologically) thereby making (historical) Israel African.

Most of the early Christian Fathers were African

The Forgotten African History of Christianity (Dr. Trevor O'Reggio)

True...Ideas often travel faster and further than people do

Was unable to find the source of the Information as i know a scholar did a very good youtube to that effect
But the source of their Christianity is as shown above neither am I deny colonialism input.

Interesting video! I think that I am more concerned with when christianity reached sub-Saharan Afrika as that is where my ancestors are from. I have known for quite some time that the Ethiopians were christians and that the bible claims that the israelites spent ~400 years in Egypt. Unless your ancestors are from the northeast portion of the continent, I still find it difficult to believe that you didn't get your religion from western europeans as I have seen no evidence for christianity in sub-Saharan Afrika until the 15th century.

Interesting video!
True dat

I think that I am more concerned with when christianity reached sub-Saharan Afrika
We Know Christianity reach the Maghreb States (North Africa) As well as East Africa (Ethiopia) before Europe.
I would think if Christianity reach the Sahel (Middle Africa esp..Sudan) in all likelihood it went further.

Coptic Civilization (E019) – Nubian Christianity – Guest: Dr. Salim Faraji

as that is where my ancestors are from.
You are blessed

I have known for quite some time that the Ethiopians were christians and that the bible claims that the israelites spent ~400 years in Egypt. Unless your ancestors are from the northeast portion of the continent,
True....

I still find it difficult to believe that you didn't get your religion from western europeans as I have seen no evidence for christianity in sub-Saharan Afrika until the 15th century.
The influence of Western Europeanized Christianity on South and West Africa immediately prior to and during the Colonial period up to today is undeniably.
The Sad Truth is that African History was and is written and codified by Predominantly (Racist) Christian Europeans who knows if we have the whole truth....everyday more is been reveal that was previously hidden.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back