Black People : We've Been Reduced to Being Spectators of our Own Lives

Great post Destee
Delusional behavior is blaming someone and thinking they are setting you up.
This post ask the question. Are we spectators? We are if we continue to only point at the issues. Call out the perpetrator by generic terms (the man) and never work to become active living participates in our survival.

I know Ive said this before, but I will always say it. Most of us who criticize Obama, dont even know the names and numbers of our local alderman/councilperson, ward or district leaders, state rep, senators or even mayor. They are ones I watch. These individuals have more of an impact on your daily lives than Barack Obama, but yet the whole blame gets placed on Obama. You think Obama's evil? Look at some of the actions of these crooks. Right under your noses.

Meanwhile, your local school board decides to de-fund another afterschool program and your councilpeople vote to "eminent domain" a entire row of elder's homes and raise property taxes. Again.

Problem as I see it, as Destee said, we are spectators watching the World Championships that we never get to participate in. Criticizing players we will never play with. But if we signed up for the small neighborhood team, we would see how hard it is to stay in the game, and might even get some playing time.

We need to turn the telescope around, look and analyze these local thieves and crooks. Reduce it from the macro to the micro.
We always look to the figurehead to blame. But its some of the local behind the scenes playas that who really make decisions that affect your day to day existence.

(stepping offa the soapbox....Thank you for your time. Enjoy the days.)
I so agree that we have to watch the local crooks.

Good good, these are the kinds of things you gotta ask yourself, the reason things are the way they are, is because people are scared to take action, they will sit by and just accept things, I try to keep a positive mind and shrug off the negative energy, but it's hard not to feel contempt for people, one dude even told me slavery was over, all that stuff was in the past, I know calling em fools. And cowards. Is wrong, but I just can't help but be disappointed, a young blood like me has to educate himself since no one else will
If you really want to know you must read our history and great thinkers like Malcolm X and Marcus Garvey! It ain't rocket science. Our problem is many of us are mentally lazy and afraid to read. Reading will explode the adage that ignorance is bliss!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back