Black People : West Nile virus kills 17 in Texas, sickens hundreds

People have to be careful. Make sure that there is no breeding grounds near their home. Place chemicals in any stagnant water. Here in Barbados our Public Health Officers have to be vigilant. Dengue a disease from the mosquito and also hemorrhagic fever which is usually fatal which has killed come people here.

When I was girl my mother would break branches off a local fruit tree called the sour sop, and place them under the bed. The mosquitoes hate the smell of this particular tree. The ole people knew the natural remedy.. Mosquitoes can lay eggs in the most unlikely places...under the petal of flowers which have water in them.

Vigilance is the key. Do hope that authorities get control of this. This is serious.

People have to be careful. Make sure that there is no breeding grounds near their home. Place chemicals in any stagnant water. Here in Barbados our Public Health Officers have to be vigilant. Dengue a disease from the mosquito and also hemorrhagic fever which is usually fatal which has killed come people here.

When I was girl my mother would break branches off a local fruit tree called the sour sop, and place them under the bed. The mosquitoes hate the smell of this particular tree. The ole people knew the natural remedy.. Mosquitoes can lay eggs in the most unlikely places...under the petal of flowers which have water in them.

Vigilance is the keep. Do hope that authorities get control of this. This is serious.

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... Yes it is serious dunwiddat, thanks for sharing very insightful and cultural information. Hope you enjoyed reading the thread, and I hope folk read your advice and take heed.

Peace In,

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... Is there no relief in sight Family...:bye:

More than a third of all cases have been reported in Texas, with Dallas-Fort Worth at the center of the outbreak.
The Texas Department of State Health Services has reported 1,683 cases and 77 deaths, including 915 cases and 36 deaths in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.

Death toll from West Nile virus tops 200: government

DALLAS (Reuters) - The U.S. outbreak of West Nile virus has killed 219 people this year, after another 36 deaths from the mosquito-borne disease were reported last week, government figures showed Wednesday.
In what is the second-worst year on record for the disease, the total number of cases of West Nile virus across the United States grew to 4,725, with 194 new cases reported, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Although the pace of new cases has slowed since the outbreak's peak in the late summer, new cases continue to be reported, particularly in states where warm temperatures persist. This year's outbreak has trailed only 2003 in total cases.
http://news.yahoo.com/death-toll-west-nile-virus-tops-200-government-174439723.html

Peace In,

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back