Black People : Thinking Proactive, is a sin against White Supremacy

I could say "pick up a book," but why should I be so churlish.... you know, like "99% of all statistics are made up on the spot?" But having nothing to prove, and YOU having my statistics to DISPROVE, provide some links to contrary "data" (polls? :huh:) that prove me wrong.

I don't care what you "concede." As for that leap from activists on the streets to Congress and the President.... beg pardon? :11200: Or, do you think that Congress and the POTUS rule the world? That was the word I used, world, not the U.S.

Do you really believe you're that smart? Or that everyone else is just that stupid? I support many things. Doesn't mean I'm down in the trenches when the deal goes down. Doesn't mean I give one dollar to the cause. No. It only means I "cheerlead" them on... from the sidelines and out of harm's way.

Which is why those lily-livered cowards reside outside the course of history and Dr. King doesn't. As for your trying to insert CONGRESS into a discussion on the impact of the Civil Rights Movement, world-wide - Africa, Asia, Europe, South America - either you're being "disingenuous" or you really do think everyone else is dumb. :10500:

This is just sad..... :(

To redeem yourself (if possible) give a link that says different. Uh, from what I said, not the nonsensical 50/50 whateva it was you wrote. :nuts:

wow.

I'm pretty sure you haven't understood what I've said. I was using irony in order to convey that I was dubious about your statistics. The joke was supposed to be that I made up the 99% number because you posted random numbers without any evidence.

I used congress to point out that King's movement wouldn't have succeeded without congressional and legal action, with which there was a wide variety of help coming from both black, white, and other groups. I think if you really get into it, you can't give me an example of a movement that has succeeded without violence, that only has the support of a small minority. Congress was very important in King's movement.

I've been using the word "support" this entire time...not sure what point you're making there.

Oh no, sorry, I'm not playing that game. YOU asserted that "less than 1% of black folks" followed King. You then listed other statistics about the American revolutionary war and Mao's Revolution. And before I forget I must point out something else about the Revolutionary war. There were more than just the colonists involved in that war.

Belligerents​
23px-US_flag_13_stars_%E2%80%93_Betsy_Ross.svg.png
United States
France (1778–83)
Spain (1779–83)
23px-Prinsenvlag.svg.png
Dutch Republic (1780–83)
Co-belligerents:
23px-Flag_of_Mysore.svg.png
Mysore (1779–84)
23px-Flag_of_Vermont_Republic.svg.png
Vermont (1777–83)
Oneida
Tuscarora
Watauga Association
Catawba
Lenape

Opponent Belligerents:
23px-Union_flag_1606_%28Kings_Colors%29.svg.png
Great Britain
Co-belligerents
Onondaga
Mohawk
Cayuga
Seneca
Cherokee

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Revolutionary_War

That further demonstrates that you're not telling the whole story in regards to those conflicts. It's not like George Washington didn't have support.

The 50/50 statistics were YOUR own statistics. I used your statistics to prove your statement wrong. It comes from the fact that if you eliminate the people who didn't want to get involved that leaves 1/3 versus 1/3. These are equivalent numbers. Therefore, for those colonists who participated in the American Revolutionary War it would have been 50% vs 50%.

By the way, you seem quite familiar. Perhaps I know you from another forum, your written style is extremely familiar.

The more militant orgs were populated by "poorer" blacks. How white of you.

But then, hard to expect more erudition from one thinks Malcolm X started Pan-Africanism, OR that it died with him. Like The Civil Rights Movement died with Dr. King.

That's odd, I didn't claim either of those things. And that a lot of poor blacks supported more militant movements is a fact.

Comprehension is key. I never said Malcolm X started Pan-Africanism. I said he started the OAAU. Which is also a fact. And the ideology this group espoused was Pan-Africanist in nature. I also never claimed it died with him, but his organization certainly did. Or at least it wasn't alive for long after his passing.

The civil rights movement (at least for black people) sputtered after King died. Some gains may have been made, but I think many agree that it hasn't been substantial, nor has it been sustained up until now, even though some of the organizations still exist.

That's odd, I didn't claim either of those things. And that a lot of poor blacks supported more militant movements is a fact.

Comprehension is key. I never said Malcolm X started Pan-Africanism. I said he started the OAAU. Which is also a fact. And the ideology this group espoused was Pan-Africanist in nature. I also never claimed it died with him, but his organization certainly did. Or at least it wasn't alive for long after his passing.

The civil rights movement (at least for black people) sputtered after King died. Some gains may have been made, but I think many agree that it hasn't been substantial, nor has it been sustained up until now, even though some of the organizations still exist.

Nope. Again, I disagree with your statements concerning the OAAU. It did not die. Nor did the Muslim Mosque, Inc. in fact, since the reunion in 2006, ....well, ...

http://ellacollinsinstitute.org/

Check with Ella's son, with Earl Grant or Peter Bailey and see what they have to say.

http://unityfirst.com/2011/rodnell-collins-malcolm-x-nephew/

Well, we've got to understand that our ancestors of the centuries past mastered the fundamental component of nationalism:Race first.

This is true for some of our ancestors. We have those who were committed to Black unity both before and after "emancipation" and many left together in groups of family units to establish their own communities or nations . This is what led to communities such as Greenwood, also known as Black Wall Street. The rest is history.

Another who knows more than Dr. King who foolishly called it just that.

I would encourage you to trace the money trail of the "civil" rights movement. It was a counterrevolution to actual nationalism and racial progress. King began to realize that near 1965. There is nothing civil about these devils so our rights can never be gained by us living next to them, dating them nor sharing "equal" footing to them. We are superior to them in intellect, talent and civilization longevity and history has proven that time and again.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back