Black People : They killed his son; he made a sign.

Im not above the judgement passin' but I dont have a reason to. I dont know the man to doubt him. What I do know: People react differently to life events. I think it's improper to criticize a grief response.

I see a guy holding a sign and posting the pic on social media. *shrug* Would it make ppl feel better if hed scrawled his message on a nice white poster or a sheet of paper?

Peace MimiBelle,

I'm not criticizing him or his poster... not really.. I was just using his situation as a commentary. It was an opportunity to highlight a cultural behavior that connects all the way back to enslavement. He did what we have been conditioned to do.. peacefully protest. Make a sign.. appeal to the powers that be for some semblance of justice. I understand it completely. But what about vengeance?.. where did his anger go?.. how has it been short-circuited?.. or where has it been re-routed to?.. I think it's an important point.. because these instinctual responses exist for a reason.. and they do not just disappear.. they have to come out in some form or fashion.. they transform into all sorts of other things..

peace again.

Peace MimiBelle,

I'm not criticizing him or his poster... not really.. I was just using his situation as a commentary. It was an opportunity to highlight a cultural behavior that connects all the way back to enslavement. He did what we have been conditioned to do.. peacefully protest. Make a sign.. appeal to the powers that be for some semblance of justice. I understand it completely. But what about vengeance?.. where did his anger go?.. how has it been short-circuited?.. or where has it been re-routed to?.. I think it's an important point.. because these instinctual responses exist for a reason.. and they do not just disappear.. they have to come out in some form or fashion.. they transform into all sorts of other things..

peace again.

Wow. I just posted a "like-minded" response on another board, i.e., "make a sign, appeal to be powers that be for some semblance of justice." And posted for your stated reason - it's a conditioned, knee-jerk response for the families of black victims of white terrorism/injustice.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back