Black Poetry : The Window Washer

Rich – Sometimes we feel so strongly about being right that it blinds us to what may be an alternate view or opinion of solid validity and which seems to pit logic against emotion, a cumbustible mixture. Thanks Rich for your enjoyment and for looking at this. Namyh

Waz – Fascinating is the human condition as it withstands rain, privation and deprivation for that little extra sunshine, especially nowadays. Thanks Waz. Your appreciation is a paycheck and I’m movin’ into the sunshine. Namyh

Hello there 4ELUV – I guess it’s the kind of world we live in. One moment you’re inside looking out. The next moment, you’re outside looking in. And you hope that you never find out that you were really upside down rather than right side up. LOL. Thanks 4ELUV for your wonderful words. Namyh

Nicole – That’s a good point Nicole. The point of view is indeed the strict ownership of the one who’s got it. Thanks LN. Namyh

CherryB – Ahh Shucks CB ! Now you got me blushin’ with your “fabulous” words and stuff. Thanks for puttin’ the Cherry in my cheeks. I think I’m startin’ to blossom. Now there’s a “perspective” for ya.LOL Thanks Cherry Blossom. Namyh

The Window Washer

There was a secretary working on the 34th floor
at her desk, in a chair, by the new boss's door.
She could work and polish nails with a snobbish delight,
type a letter, take dictation in the absence of light,
brew the coffee, answer phones, solve the problems that bind,
add some lipstick and perfume, arrange a meeting on time.

Outside her window, lightly beat the rain and freezing snow
on a window washer working on the 34th floor.
Up at dawn, pack a lunch, wife and kids are asleep.
Off to work, catch a train from the somber, silent street.
Check the gear, add some oil and it's up and up he'll go
to meet with Mr. Clean upon the 34th floor.

She writes a note and holds it up. He sees it at last.
His frozen fingers write one too and puts it up to glass.
Her's said "It's 72 degrees ! Come in and take a chair."
His said "It's 50 bucks an hour mam, in freezing rain out here."

Just when you think your thinking is the only way that's true,
there's a window washer working with another point of view.

Namyh

:bowdown:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back