Black People : The Term Cracker

Destee said:
Sister Nisa ... i don't consider the term "Negroe" offensive. Do you?

What leniency policy are you refering to?

:heart:

Destee

Obviously, it has become offensive behind our backs. Too bad cause I liked the term negro.

Negro
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Negro means "black" in the Spanish and Portuguese, being derived from the Latin word niger of the same meaning. It came in the English tongue through the Portuguese and Spanish slave trade. Prior to the 1970s, it was the dominant term for Black people of African origin; in the great majority of English-language contexts (except its inclusion in the names of some organizations founded when the term had currency, e.g. the United Negro College Fund), it is now considered either archaic or a slur in most contexts (see also ******).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negro

Destee said:
Hello Family,

Someone told me recently, where they believe this word comes from.

Do yall know?!

Well ... of course i'm gonna tell you what the Sister said! :)

She said the word "cracker" is associated with the person on the plantation who actually "cracked the whip" ... da cracka ... ??!!

does this have a ring of truth to it?

yall believe it? ... got any alternative origins?

I'm gonna throw this in this thread too ... since it speaks to the topic ... but how many of you think it's okay to call White folk "********" ... when you'd not want to be called the N word? Or are these two different things?

Looking forward to the discussion! :)

:heart:

Destee

There is a world of difference between the N-word and "cracker". The N-word was used to degrade us. The word "cracker" is only an adjective, or descriptive noun, formulated out of grievous circumstances. The N-word is a derogatory and false assessment of an African person. Although the word "cracker" has a negative connotation, it is truth.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back