Black People : Do You Think The Term Nig### Should Be Used Here on a Black Black Message Board

Ankhur

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 4, 2009
Brooklyn
Occupation
owner of various real estate concerns
Amazing, absolutly amazing, how the most derogatory thing in the world, to call someone, has now beomce the thing that every Black child is calling each other each day to school and home from school for the past 30 years due to hip hop music, and now probably in nations in the Motherland doing the same.
But the word negro cannot be used and is a problem only when certian people use it, but a word that is banned from the website is OK?

The Last Poets used that adjective, to describe those who are scared of revolution and a famous homosexual picked up on that, J Edgar Hoover, and somewhere in his COINTELPRO, applications to destabilize the Black community, planned on a methodology tto get Black children to call each other that on a daily basis, even if it took him, 40 years to do so!

having been guilty myself of saying it within black circles, i may sound hypocritical in saying this but no, it shouldn't be. in the face of all the other negatives associated with the term, we have desensitized its impact not only for ourselves, but for others. thereby teaching others that it's not a bad term to use. however, when they direct it at us, we want to get upset about it. we cannot have it both ways...and we cannot be hypocritical about it. if it's okay for us to use...then it's okay for others to use. EITHER ACCEPT THAT OR CHANGE YOUR BEHAVIOR. there is nothing so special about you that says "i can say whatever i want but you had better not." if you want to stand on principle, stand on it. but don't have double standards. LET THERE BE ONE STANDARD.

having been guilty myself of saying it within black circles, i may sound hypocritical in saying this but no, it shouldn't be. in the face of all the other negatives associated with the term, we have desensitized its impact not only for ourselves, but for others. thereby teaching others that it's not a bad term to use. however, when they direct it at us, we want to get upset about it. we cannot have it both ways...and we cannot be hypocritical about it. if it's okay for us to use...then it's okay for others to use. EITHER ACCEPT THAT OR CHANGE YOUR BEHAVIOR. there is nothing so special about you that says "i can say whatever i want but you had better not." if you want to stand on principle, stand on it. but don't have double standards. LET THERE BE ONE STANDARD.
:toast:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back