Black Sports : The Negro League - Why Did it Die - Why Hasn't There Been Like Efforts ?

No, I understood your point, I simply don't share your position.

And I don't know of any genocide in Harlem, but I haven't read any reports that suggest LA hispanics are angels who are attempting to murder African American children only because some unnamed euro is making them.

As I said, if they're Afri-latino, that's one thing. But I and (I'd bet) most African Americans don't consider those other [non Afri-] hispanics family. That you and some others do significantly contributes to the problem Destee's highlighting.

Anyway, apologies for the heated response, like I said. It's a tough subject.
Most of the greatest Black ballers played IN Cuba.

http://www.cubanball.com/negrolg.html

I will get to the ricans later.

Most of the greatest Black ballers played IN Cuba.

http://www.cubanball.com/negrolg.html

I will get to the ricans later.

Fair enough. But what kind of Cubans were they? Africubanos or Euro Cubans?

Info-Moetry said Destee's hoped for New Negro League should include 'latinos' because 'there were there with us in the beginning.' To my ear, that would be like someone saying, 'if you're gonna have a New Civil Rights Movement, you should include the Muslims because they were with us during the first CRM.'

Okay, but which Muslims?

I'm only making the point that if Destee's New Negro League includes non-Africans, then it's not a Negro League.

Fair enough. But what kind of Cubans were they? Africubanos or Euro Cubans?

Info-Moetry said Destee's hoped for New Negro League should include 'latinos' because 'there were there with us in the beginning.' To my ear, that would be like someone saying, 'if you're gonna have a New Civil Rights Movement, you should include the Muslims because they were with us during the first CRM.'

Okay, but which Muslims?

I'm only making the point that if Destee's New Negro League includes non-Africans, then it's not a Negro League.

Whatever. I'm only pointing out how things were from a historical standpoints.

You can keep on with the conjecture. Good luck with that. The leagues failed under weight of boundaries set up by us war machine. If you really think a black only league will be sustainable you don't know why it failed to begin with.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back